• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Asus or whatever retailer wont give a damn I'm afraid.
Be prepared to shell out for a new board.

+1 to this tbh, manufacturers will use whatever loophole / excuse possible to get out of refunding... and Asus are notoriously bad with customer support, you might have had good mileage had it been EVGA or maybe Gigabyte :(

Associate
+1 to this tbh, manufacturers will use whatever loophole / excuse possible to get out of refunding... and Asus are notoriously bad with customer support, you might have had good mileage had it been EVGA or maybe Gigabyte :(

I spent 10 years in retail trust me this isn’t over and I will get a result, they will not survive.
I am not losing 100 quid for nothing, evidence shows board was faulty and with this happening shows I must off had a bad board.
They will both be receiving 1 letters and 2 Asus forum will get a slaughtered

Associate
I spent 10 years in retail trust me this isn’t over and I will get a result, they will not survive.
I am not losing 100 quid for nothing, evidence shows board was faulty and with this happening shows I must off had a bad board.
They will both be receiving 1 letters and 2 Asus forum will get a slaughtered

The problem is you admitted to damaging the USB header. So ASUS will now be thinking what else did you break. Also the one video of yours is damning. Booting with no cooling and not isolating the board on the box. We all mess up but it's best not to publicly document it. That said I do hope you get it sorted soon.

Soldato
The problem is you admitted to damaging the USB header. So ASUS will now be thinking what else did you break. Also the one video of yours is damning. Booting with no cooling and not isolating the board on the box. We all mess up but it's best not to publicly document it. That said I do hope you get it sorted soon.
Yeah, we need to have a less self-centred view when dealing with companies. Put yourself in their position.I.e, you have a customer with a potentially faulty board but one they have damaged the USB header themselves. What would YOU do? If you apply risks, there's a real risk that the customer has caused more damage than just the USB header.
I feel for the poster but I think in this case they probably just have to take the hit unfortunately. Worth explaining their situation to ASUS of course and seeing if they can help in some way, maybe even meeting part way on a new board.
Could other components have failed because of the broken header? That's a possibility.

Mobo's probably the worse component to have faulty as it's a PITA to get it out.

Soldato

+1 to this. dont know what on earth you was ever thinking of booting the PC up with no cooler on the CPU, thats just blatantly asking for trouble... also makes me wonder what type of PC builder you are, these components are expensive, sure if you dont care about the costs etc then i guess its fine to slap them on whatevers laying about, plug them all in and fire them up without even the basics like cooling in place etc..

For me personally, i just shuddered when i watched your video of the PC starting up without a cooler, that was a decent amount of time you was fiddling with the TV while its sat there getting hot etc... you are probably lucky it hasnt done a thermal shutdown.

In the future i recommend if your absolutely intent on firing up the PC outside of a case, put it on some cardboard first, and make sure a cooler is attached etc, 99% of coolers can be left on anyhow when fitting it back into a case, AIO's can be tricky but thats about it.

Associate
+1 to this. dont know what on earth you was ever thinking of booting the PC up with no cooler on the CPU, thats just blatantly asking for trouble... also makes me wonder what type of PC builder you are, these components are expensive, sure if you dont care about the costs etc then i guess its fine to slap them on whatevers laying about, plug them all in and fire them up without even the basics like cooling in place etc..

For me personally, i just shuddered when i watched your video of the PC starting up without a cooler, that was a decent amount of time you was fiddling with the TV while its sat there getting hot etc... you are probably lucky it hasnt done a thermal shutdown.

In the future i recommend if your absolutely intent on firing up the PC outside of a case, put it on some cardboard first, and make sure a cooler is attached etc, 99% of coolers can be left on anyhow when fitting it back into a case, AIO's can be tricky but thats about it.

I appreciate your comments, the test video was 1 minute long as but out of pic I did have a cpu fan connected, I only found stock cooler later in night as was running on aio cooler in case.
In regards to admitting about usb, I have not damaged on purpose you don’t expect it to happen upon disconnecting a usb3 lead,
In regards to the anti static bag yes I prob made a error off putting motherboard on top off the anti static bag and should have used the box which I did in the other video I posted.
In regards to what type off pc builder I am I’m a family man and in late 30s so like to think I know a little on building, but life is a learning curve and we all make errors.
In the regards off retailer I do understand, but end off day the video from start shows I was having problems in which they tried to say try different leads, monitor etc, I tried all off there suggestions they emailed as well as a lot off you helpful lot saying cmos reset etc.
I did have a look on toms hardware in terms of testing outside the case and a few people said just to see if boot to bios you should be fine, but any further your best having cooler on due to heat.
I realise thatI may have made a few mistakes and being a family man spending the 700 I have so far is a lot when I could spend on my little ones, so I appreciate everyone comments and concerns.
For me the little escape goat the retailer is trying is to avoid that the motherboard had a problem in first place which could be seen.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, we need to have a less self-centred view when dealing with companies. Put yourself in their position.I.e, you have a customer with a potentially faulty board but one they have damaged the USB header themselves. What would YOU do? If you apply risks, there's a real risk that the customer has caused more damage than just the USB header.
I feel for the poster but I think in this case they probably just have to take the hit unfortunately. Worth explaining their situation to ASUS of course and seeing if they can help in some way, maybe even meeting part way on a new board.
Could other components have failed because of the broken header? That's a possibility.

Mobo's probably the worse component to have faulty as it's a PITA to get it out.

Hi Darren I have already spoke to Asus who have said it is retailers choice on the scenario, yes I agree it could have done extra damage, but you don’t expect that component to come off when unplugging a usb3 connection.

I realise the risk involved but take into consideration I would off had to get motherboard out anyway to return and it could off happened to anyone, but unfortunately it’s happened to me

Associate

I agree we all make errors, but the videos was to show the problems I was having, saying that even the best people make errors

Back
Top Bottom