• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Currently sitting at 3.7 @ 1.2v also.

Only done a quick stress test and played a few games but it seem ok at the moment.

Not tried turning off c6 state yet, not sure what it does to be honest?

Soldato
If you're keeping the stock voltage you can try and push it to 3.7 and see how it goes.

Like I say I've not fully stress tested this oc yet. This is mainly a gaming pc so if it passes a few hours of prime and plays my games i'm happy.
Other people would stress test for 24 hours etc to make 100% sure its stable.

Just keep an eye on your temps.

Soldato
Hey guys, just got my rig running and having a go at overclocking the cpu.

Its a Ryzen 1600, Asrock fatality itx board and 8pack 3200MHz ram.

Firstly I've set the ram to XMP which gets it runnig at 3200 with cl14 timings however the system boot loops 3 or 4 times before starting.
I'm not sure if I should have AM4 boot training enabled or dissabled?
I also found a setting in the DRAM settings for "fail boot attempts" Which was set to 3. I've since set it to 1 and now it only loops once but I cant get it to stop completely.

As for the overclocking as I'm on an ITX board with tiny Vrams and higher temps I'm not looking to do any thing crazy. I'd be happy with a slight overclock with out bumping the voltage up much if at all.
Currently running 3600MHz on stock volts (1.2) with voltage offset to Auto.

How far do you think I can push it on stock voltage?
Also do I want c6 state on or off for Ryzen?

sorry for noob questions I've not done any overclocking for years, last time was on my fx8320.

cheers.

I've got the same board paired with a 1700 and hitting 3.7 on 1.265 volts. Max temps 57 in gaming using the wraith cooler. Just waiting on a am4 bracket for my be quiet tf cooler which I'm hoping will bring temps down to low 50s and possibly also squeeze 3.8 (top down cooler which will help with vram)

Associate
My rule of thumb is 3.6Ghz will work on 1.2V and bellow, 3.7Ghz 1.3V and bellow, 3.8Ghz or higher should work on 1.35v or higher (don't go over 1.425v).
Takes some testing to find a voltage/frequency sweet spot for your CPU.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
If it's only looping once that doesn't always mean it's sorted, it generally means it's given up training for 3200 and booted at defaults. Check you memory speed once in windows to confirm.

Latest BIOS should help particularly if you're not on AGESA 1.0.0.6

Soldato
It seems a bit random. Some times it will loop just once and other times 3 or 4 times.

Always boots to the right memory settings though so far.

Bios is currently p3.00 which isn't the newest but only a couple of versions old. I've been putting off flashing it to the newest bios as I've never done it before and all the horror stories of bricking the board.

Associate
Heads up, RMA'ing through AMD is rubbish. Not even a prepaid label. Here have our Company Account number and book it yourself... err thanks but how does that help me get it sent back. And yes the rainforest sent me a replacement and it's the same week. :mad:

Associate
Finally got my Ryzen built when I crawled in today.
1700X, Asus Strix B350-f, 16gb, AIO yada yada.

Not changed any bios or settings yet, but first result I guess is good. Beats my other pc by miles haha.

TjM9OH1.png

Will boost things when get time tomorrow or some time soon :D

Man of Honour
I am still experimenting with my overclocks. System seems stable (not done massive stress tests but fine with gaming, prime although haven't run for hours, cinebench and so on) but seems to crash sometimes when under no or very little load (e.g. not being used or when just doing some work in office or email). Screens go off, no blue screen and needs to be switched off and on at the PSU. All of the fans and RGB keep going as if the PC is on. GPU is a vega 64 at stock.

Any thoughts on what settings I should be looking into? I have 1600 and asus b350 board. Currently running at 3.8ghz with voltage around 1.34 using offset and LLC on the second setting. Followed a couple of guides for other settings. Anything know to cause this kind of thing?

Associate
I am still experimenting with my overclocks. System seems stable (not done massive stress tests but fine with gaming, prime although haven't run for hours, cinebench and so on) but seems to crash sometimes when under no or very little load (e.g. not being used or when just doing some work in office or email). Screens go off, no blue screen and needs to be switched off and on at the PSU. All of the fans and RGB keep going as if the PC is on. GPU is a vega 64 at stock.

Any thoughts on what settings I should be looking into? I have 1600 and asus b350 board. Currently running at 3.8ghz with voltage around 1.34 using offset and LLC on the second setting. Followed a couple of guides for other settings. Anything know to cause this kind of thing?

Mine was doing that so I bumped the vcore a little and set the soc to 1.15

Back
Top Bottom