** Official ** Season 2010/2011 Pre-Season thread

You do realize he only brought the two Polish keepers because they are playing in Poland...

You know theres been rumours of freezing out of Almunia all through preseason, and that Wenger, with Almunia clearly first team last year for the vast majority, said Arsenal definately need a keeper and he's tried to buy at least one.

The second wasn't really Fabianski's fault, and the keeper wasn't the main problems in this game.

3-2, at least Arsenal are playing somewhat better.

Oh, and EBOUE scored, and EBOUE has been driving us forward in the second half and Eboue has done more in 3 minutes of the second half than Theo in most of preseason.

Mannone is half decent, he looked good in preseason last year I think and he was forced into the team due to injuries, he was great in one game, dodgey in a couple, decent in another I think, but he's young and had zero form, I wouldn't really hold that against him.

Only on loan though, right? I'd be happy to have Szczesny as our 3rd keeper and have Fabianski go out on loan for the season. Szczesny looked sharp with that double stop just a moment ago.

3-2 now, Vela and Eboue combine as effective second-half substitutions.

Fulham beat werder Bremen 5-1 after going 1 nil down in the first half. Gera came on as a sub and got a hattrick. Zamora was good too, hope he gets a call up tonight.

haha, Vela winning the ball, great ball in , very nice finish by Gibbs, who can play as a winger(so could Clichy).

The problem is when you've got someone as completely hopeless as Theo, theres no danger, he slows the game down because he usually passes backwards, he NEVER wins the ball back or holds up their attacks or puts pressure on the opposition. Eboue was out wide making a run which meant the left back and centre backs didn't push across to the other side leaving space for Gibbs, and there was movement from everyone.

I love Rosicky, and Arshavin and Nasri, but none of them have the pace to be truly dangerous on the wings, Gibbs with a bit of pace, and Eboue with effective pace(vs Theo's useless lazy crap) stretches teams.

Vela and Eboue have been way more effective than Theo, by an embarassing margin as Theo's on quite a bit more cash than both. Gibbs is using the space nicely on the wing. Rosicky, Nasri, Arshavin are SO much better in central midfield, we've got a half billion strikers/central midfielders, and no real wingers(or a reluctance to play them).

Its also Eboue/Gibbs and pace on both wings, Vela and the simple willingness and ability for all 3 to catch up to the play, they get forwards for every attack, the striker looks far less isolated, and the defenders have 4 players to deal with at least, instead of 1. Football for all the intricacies, is a numbers game, one striker vs 4 defenders and often a DM, is asking for failure, 4 vs 4 = very very good chance. The other big thing is they have become far less predictable, Theo walcott is maybe the most predictable player Arsenal have ever had, even Cygan could pull out a surprise, bombing up the wing as a left back, taking on players and scoring a brace, no one on earth predicted that :p

Last edited:
Lol, I've said for what over 2 years now, Sagna is ****, its actually completely classic Sagna, he made a truly awful defensive header, right into the danger area, then made no attempt to get back in line and played I think 4 LEgia players onside, including the goal scorer. The two huge issues he has that has cost us countless goals.

He did this 2 years ago, 4-4 against Liverpool he put in about 4 headers from outside the box/just inside the right of the box right into the middle of the danger area. He's so absolutely rubbish its becoming a joke. He was fantastic for 6-7 months, got injured and has been truly awful since end of his first season.

Back
Top Bottom