******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Gotta redownload ALL of this..

I still never bought a gun, no idea how and no idea how to get to the FPS bit.

I can fly a ship but gotta learn the controls. Never did a mission, shot the guns etc.

Iv'e just dabbled because of the awful performance, which I gather still isn't fixed in 2.6, that's what I'd wish they'd focus on FIRST.

Soldato
Gotta redownload ALL of this..

I still never bought a gun

You buy guns when playing in the mini PU ( otherwise called crusader on the universe menu )

no idea how and no idea how to get to the FPS bit.

You get to the FPS bit via the menu, the menu has changed a little in 2.6 and you will see star marine and arena commander both on the front page. Star marine being the FPS bit that has great performance ( it did for me in the PTU atleast )

I can fly a ship but gotta learn the controls. Never did a mission, shot the guns etc.

When you get into the PU and start to actually delve around ( there are like 16 ish missions available IIRC so it's not like there is nothing to do. You will begin to see why everyone really enjoys it despite the performance not being perfect yet, we are being made to believe that 3.0 ( the next patch that SHOULD be due not far to long after 2.6 that just launched) is going to be one of the performance improving patches as they have changed a lot of net code in it.

Iv'e just dabbled because of the awful performance, which I gather still isn't fixed in 2.6, that's what I'd wish they'd focus on FIRST.

There isn't to much point in fixing performance, then adding more stuff in and finding that it causes performance issues again. It's just mega important to remember that this is early alpha still.

Soldato
OK thanks, I'll give it a crack tomorrow. Paid for it might as well try.

Some regulars on here play on Fridays on discord, some play a lot more than just Fridays and im pretty sure none of them would object to showing you the ropes, nor would i you are welcome to join me at any point :).

(one thing to note with SC is it has one of the best damn community in gaming, arguably the best.)

Caporegime
Some regulars on here play on Fridays on discord, some play a lot more than just Fridays and im pretty sure none of them would object to showing you the ropes, nor would i you are welcome to join me at any point :).

(one thing to note with SC is it has one of the best damn community in gaming, arguably the best.)

Are you signed up with us a Pagan?

https://discord.gg/9PuNe

http://www.pagan-sc.com/

Associate
With regards to SQ42 I've no idea tbh we've been given very little information on it, PU won't be out 2017, not a hope in hell, I'd be surprised if it even gets into beta by the end of next year if I'm completely honest.

PS been on holidays hence me being quiet lately lol

I really wouldnt be surprised if the PU Beta is comfortably 2019.

The roadmap they gave at CitizenCon had 3.0 - 3.4 being the implementation of the main career stuff, mining, exploration, salvage, repair, farming etc. Then 4.0 is Jump Points.
Those updates wont be quarterly IMO, i think we'll see minor updates but not those landmark updates will be 6mo apart if we're lucky, i feel. Even if they're quarterly, that puts 4.0 around Summer 2018, and thats using a generous estimate. Theres a long way to go.

I also found it interesting that CIG have announced that they've adopted Amazons Lumberyard engine, which is similar to StarEngine in that its a branched version of the CryEngine. Im assuming its a fairly insignificant move in terms of work to implement, it just means they integrate with that to get the most out of their cloud networking service, and it should still mean all their existing work is still compatible, its not like moving to the Unreal Engine or something.
Anyone have more of an understanding in what Lumberyard offers CIG, and whether there might be a downside? I did read someone commenting on Reddit saying Amazons cloud service currently isnt as good as Googles in Europe, and we'd be tied to that. Likewise it may mean unofficial/modded servers may need to be done through them, because the code is built for it - not that thats a big issue IMO.

Back
Top Bottom