1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Raumarik, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Mtom

Wise Guy

2. FloppyPoppy

Soldato

2.6 easteregg in spoilers just incase anyone wants to find it themselves

Just found the stone henge made out of bennys vending machines hahaha

3. Farseer

Gangster

Looks good :D

Do you think your low fps is due to memory limits, gpu speed or the current net code? Your fps in Star Marine is much higher though it's quite a bit more limited than in the PU.

I may get an RX 480 as a stopgap rather than a 1070 and spend more when we are closer to release as long as the 480 is going be ok at 1080p but sub 30 fps is not that great.

I would rather wait for Vega but there are a few things I can't play now because of my current gpu…

4. FloppyPoppy

Soldato

It's the netcode side of it mainly, we should according to the devs see improvement in 3.0 as there should be an overhaul of netcode then.

If you fiddle around with the files and play it offline you will have great fps even in the universe.

5. Muska

Wise Guy

Is the only way to play offline in Crusader by using cheat engine method? (And renaming some files)

6. FloppyPoppy

Soldato

I don't remember a part with cheat engine, but i do remember renaming some files ( a folder perhaps ) i tried it on like 2.3 out of curiosity of performance.

7. Longbow

Sgarrista

And what was the result? What FPS did you get?

8. FloppyPoppy

Soldato

When i did it with a 1080 and a 2600k i was around 80-90fps

Video with 1080 and 6700k

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  9. humbug

Caporegime

Thats novel way to do it :)

10. FloppyPoppy

Soldato

Haha not my video, just one i found on the interwebs. My videos are somehow usually more poorly constructed and pointless.

I can't wait for some catt modules to start showing up!

11. DONOHUE07

Wise Guy

I don't want to loose them forever mate, just for a day (or two!) so how's Star Marine? Run well?

12. Muska

Wise Guy

Yea, the video you linked quotes a reddit post for a how to and that talks about installing cheat engine. I'm reluctant to put a program like that on my computer. I hope that SC would add an offline mode in future so we can enjoy a few more frames if we want to.

I have found Star Marine to run very well personally.

13. Raumarik

Capodecina

I'd rather they got the netcode working than added in any additional features, it's meant to be run as a multiplayer game, so bug reports from offline mode would be far less useful to development of the final game, they'd also get fewer reports if people were in offline mode a lot.

Cheat engine itself is fine, it's been around for donkeys however I'm not sure if any cheat protection software will ignore or detect it for VAC bans etc. not looked as I've no intention of using it.

14. dits

Gangster

TBH Star Marine Alpha is pants as hell.

15. Raumarik

Capodecina

Thanks for sharing, I disagree it's a great starting point to develop for combat in the PU.

16. humbug

Caporegime

+1 as a FPS its really not bad at all, its not as polished as some AAA FPS games but it doesn't pretend to be, what it does have is the one quality that i think matters most, its a lot of fun. :)

17. FloppyPoppy

Soldato

Yeah it runs well pal! Not exactly BF performance but it's never going to be as it actually looks good, runs a lot better than mini PU but I never actually checked my fps :D was 45+ though for sure.

18. MrKeeno

Wise Guy

Happy Christmas all.

I am seriously considering spending some chrimbo funds and upgrading my base Aurora MR to some like the F7C Hornet Wildfire but have a few questions 1st. Do you think the super hornet will be back on sale anytime soon? I honestly prefer the aesthetics of the super hornet. if I did buy the wildfire, as far as I know this is not flight ready yet so if I logged into the game what exactly would I have to fly?

19. humbug

Caporegime

SH sale is an unknown but the Wildfire is just a stock F7C with a paint job, there is nothing different about it other than the colour scheme and the 'out of box' weapon loadout, if you want that loadout you can get it on the base F7C by earning REC and renting the weapons, personally i don't like the Wildfire loadout, fixed mount tarantulas on the wings with gimballed repeaters on the box mount, not a good combination, you can tell CiG don't play their own game that much.
    The Wildfire is also far more expensive than the stock F7C.
    What you can do is get the F7C (it is a good ship) now and upgrade later when the SH is back on sale.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  20. XPE

Soldato

I agree the FPS shows a lot of promise but they need to iron out some of the bugs, to many times I've been unable to defend myself due to my weapon not firing :(

Someone should organise a round or two :p