******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Nice one Halfmad, appreciated.

I'm in the 43,000s so should get a wee chance to fly. Cool!

So some people have pledged (I guess bought?) some extra ships, and when it's released I'll have to play a bit to earn in game currency to be able to buy said ships?

Yep, CIG are still selling ship pledges to further back the game but you don't have to spend any real money if you don't want to, you can just earn it all in game.

As you backed early you will have already received several items from the stretch goals (e.g. body armour, engine tuning kit etc).

Nice one Halfmad, appreciated.

I'm in the 43,000s so should get a wee chance to fly. Cool!

So some people have pledged (I guess bought?) some extra ships, and when it's released I'll have to play a bit to earn in game currency to be able to buy said ships?

Some have bought EVERY ship currently available, personally think they'll be bored.. but each to their own.

When you start you'll have your pledge ship and have to earn money to buy others, from what I remember pledging for ships will stop once the game is released so every ship from that point on has to be earned in-game.

I believe this is correct.

Yep that's is what has been said with a small starter ship (maybe not the Aurora) for people buying a boxed copy of the game.

I do wonder though if they will give a choice of the single ship packages for online purchases for new people buying them game (for more income).

Milk that pony Chris Roberts :rolleyes:

To be fair no effort is required on his part, I swear if he offered bottled farts there are people who'd mortgage their house to buy them. I'm a big fan of the game, but I honestly can't understand why some of them are so keen to keep throwing money at the project on the scale they are.

Elite: Dangerous and Limit Theory are looking good too, I'm happy to sit and wait now for SC, plenty of other games to play in the meantime.

Throwing money at it won't speed up development now anyway.

To be fair no effort is required on his part, I swear if he offered bottled farts there are people who'd mortgage their house to buy them. I'm a big fan of the game, but I honestly can't understand why some of them are so keen to keep throwing money at the project on the scale they are.

Elite: Dangerous and Limit Theory are looking good too, I'm happy to sit and wait now for SC, plenty of other games to play in the meantime.

Throwing money at it won't speed up development now anyway.

Yep, Elite should keep me happy until we get to the PU (and maybe beyond :)) and very much looking forward to Squadron 42 early next year.

It would be nice if CIG could complete the ships already specified instead of creating newer ones for sale but to be fair I don't know what their priorities are, the new ships do serve a purpose / role in game and a lot of the development is gearing up for the ships required in the SQ42 missions. It all takes time :)

Last edited:
It would be nice if CIG could complete the ships from the original campaign a bit quicker instead of creating newer ones for sale but to be fair I don't know what their priorities are and a lot of the development is gearing up for the ships required in the SQ42 missions.

I was half hoping they were keeping the SQ42 stuff hush hush, to keep the game a surprise and make it more fun, so they're just flaunting the PU ships people will throw money at

I was half hoping they were keeping the SQ42 stuff hush hush, to keep the game a surprise and make it more fun, so they're just flaunting the PU ships people will throw money at

I suppose it's quite hard to keep some things quiet as we given so much information on the development :) However, we should be kept in the dark over the plot, missions etc so there should be plenty of surprises.

I like this project but I just don't have the money to buy all the ships I want.
Right now I have a Pirate Pack and Aurora LN Pack.
If they add a Redeemer in the future or Cutlass variants, I may spend some more $$ but I doubt it will be soon.
Nearest goal on my horizon is to further upgrade my desktop, haswel-e most likely.

I can't believe people are still chucking money at the CIG team at the rate they are lol.
Yeah it's a bit ridiculous - more money isn't going to make it happen any faster.

I just hope CIG use the funds wisely and not squander them, because they've got enough to carry the game through years after release.

Back
Top Bottom