******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
OP
Whole game just now, cryengine is difficult to incrementally patch although they are looking into it.

Typically you'll find that patches are less frequent now than they were 12 months ago though, I usually only download overnight anyway so not a big deal!

Associate
Hi guys, i k own there is a huge thread but i will hold my hands up to skimming the last few pages.

I'm a backer that has never downloaded this in any form:

Super hornet
Gladiator
Cutlass red

Is it worth getting right now to get a feel for things or very buggy still?

Soldato
OP
Still buggy and disjointed mate, it's come a long way though but the netcode is still a major stumbling block. There's also little persistence in the mini-test universe.

Lots of fun to be had still though, if you haven't played yet I'd suggest holding off until the next patch as it adds a little more content and throws in a lot of bug fixes.

Soldato
2.6.2 is due on 23rd however this isn't a major content patch just some "quality of life fixes" like the mega map for instance.

The next big patch for content is 3.0 that we are all eagerly awaiting news of.

Don't let the numbers throw you, we are going from 2.6 straight to 3.0 as far as the developers have informed us :).

Soldato
OP
^^ They have also spoken about incremental patches Harry, just not confirmed it. It depends on what's available and whether they think it's worth doing so 2.7 *might* happen, I think it will tbh they rarely hold good stuff back if it's not needed for PAX, Gamescom etc.

Soldato
OP
Good to know, i was tempted to melt one of my ships for something less combat focused, but not sure which.

You've picked some ace ships, I love the Gladiator personally although hate how it looks. It's a dream to fly though and is hugely under-rated by some. The Super Hornet is always going to be one of the top dogs in dogfighting and the Cutlass Red has a ton of utility! Cutlass Red isn't flyable obviously so that screams "melt me" to me, but you'd likely regret it when the remakes hit the hangar :)

Remember you can melt/unmelt later if you get remorse, once every 3 months from store credit.

throwing these out there, old patches but still the same ships!

Associate
I'll watch them when the little one has their nap thanks. I think i figured it would be nice to have a long range transporter if i didn't fancy fighting it out. Not sure how easy the cutlass will be to do that, having to strip the cells.

Soldato
^^ They have also spoken about incremental patches Harry, just not confirmed it. It depends on what's available and whether they think it's worth doing so 2.7 *might* happen, I think it will tbh they rarely hold good stuff back if it's not needed for PAX, Gamescom etc.

I had heard that however i didn't hear it under any official capacity thus didn't want to bring it up but seeing as they have spoken about it i can take that as a possibility :D I gen am too excited about 3.0 haha.

Caporegime

Years ago we stated our intention to support DX12, but since the introduction of Vulkan which has the same feature set and performance advantages this seemed a much more logical rendering API to use as it doesn't force our users to upgrade to Windows 10 and opens the door for a single graphics API that could be used on all Windows 7, 8, 10 & Linux.

Awesome :)

Back
Top Bottom