******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Ok...Melted my Freelancer DUR and upgraded my LTI Connie to a Phoenix (get it while you can.) Can always pick up an Aquila later.

If I was going to spend more money on Star Citizen I would be tempted to just buy the ship upgrade as it's limited and wait before applying it to see if anything else comes up. I wonder if CIG are still planning to allow only ships of a certain size, i.e. Freelancer, to map some of the jump points.

By the way, the brochure states all Constellations as having TR5's (which is a bit odd as the factory and max are the same on all but one) and according to CIG the brochures are more reliable. The bit where you actually buy the ship you can't rely on the stats there (besides which it's all subject to change anyway).

Last edited:
Eventually people will realise that they are just ****ing money away on this damn game. But for now "oooh shiney!!" seems to be the order of the day..

How easy some people are fooled..

Indeed, which is why I'm sticking with one ship and plan to earn everything else in game.

Prices are crazy and I'm not prepared to pay that sort of money unless I'm lucky enough to win one of those RSI forum ship giveaways which can be melted for more credits - got to get lucky eventually. :p

At the moment from a base Freelancer I'm either looking at future downgrade to Avenger or future upgrade to Aquila, depending on finances and cross-chassis options.

Eventually people will realise that they are just ****ing money away on this damn game. But for now "oooh shiney!!" seems to be the order of the day..

How easy some people are fooled..

Everything is shiny and well-presented until you scratch the surface then it's pre-alpha :)

I backed the game for SQ42 at first then when the PU expanded as the money rolled in I got a couple of the smaller ships over time to further back the game and to cover a few roles I would like to play to start with. Over that time I have spent more than I probably should on this but the hope is there that the game will match the vision.

I was hoping for some SQ42 sneak peak in the presentation as in the grand scheme of things it's not very far away. CIG need to get the flight model in some sort of semi-final state before then as it's the foundation of the whole experience.

Each to their own tbh, I'm time poor, cash rich although must admit my wallet has been closed for several months now and shows no sign of opening until 2016 onwards!

I'm out of SC until they stop pumping out ships and fix the flight model, it's awful! Compared to elite this game is terrible, hopefully they start the actual game rather than a tech demo + paid for shiny.

I'm out of SC until they stop pimping out ships and fix the flight model, it's awful! Compared to elite this game is terrible, hopefully they start the actual game rather than a tech demo + paid for shiny.

Yep, by adding a hot tub and TV’s to the Phoenix CIG has crossed the line...

Elite has far better foundations than SC at present and has built it up steadily rather than trying to do everything at once. Only time will tell which will be the better game, but at least there are two new space sims to play and are different enough to enjoy both :)

I'm out of SC until they stop pumping out ships and fix the flight model, it's awful! Compared to elite this game is terrible, hopefully they start the actual game rather than a tech demo + paid for shiny.

I hope they don't change the flight model! I really like it, much better than Elite in my opinion. I still don't know why they've gone back to an atmospheric flight model in space, still can't get used to it!

I can't believe people are still throwing money at this - sure, it will be great if it works out. They are still trying to please everyone though and it is always a risk that they will please no one. Plus a lot of people will complain when they find they can't run the final product because of its ambition. I see this making or breaking kickstarting tbh.

If I had given money at this point, the only reason I would give more money would be to bring the release date forward!

Atmospheric flight model? Don't like the sound of that! Which game has a flight model closest to the old I-War games currently?

That had newtonian mechanics with a sort of psuedo atmospheric lite model due to the ships computer firing thrusters to keep your turns under control. You could have course turn that off but unless you were in deep space and not around obstacles it wouldn't be the greatest idea!

Atmospheric flight model? Don't like the sound of that! Which game has a flight model closest to the old I-War games currently?

That had newtonian mechanics with a sort of psuedo atmospheric lite model due to the ships computer firing thrusters to keep your turns under control. You could have course turn that off but unless you were in deep space and not around obstacles it wouldn't be the greatest idea!

In my opinion that is Elite: Dangerous. It is the same as Elite really, roll and pull up / down to bear on to target... In space, you do not need that as there is no atmosphere to develop drag and certainly no lift!

I would say that SC has the closest to I-War out of them both.

Elite: Dangerous flight model is fun, but so is Arena Commander (Star Citizen) to be fair, it just takes a bit of getting use to and it's not IMHO as immediately accessable as EDs.

Very different games though, as a backer of both I don't see it as a ED v SC, more of an ED and SC situation, I want both to succeed as it's a genre which has room for several games successful.

Yep backed both (far more on SC but then I should probably join some sort of rehab program :p) along with a few others in pagan. I think Elite is fun in its own regard but I do worry that it's a little big for its own good.

I'll happily play both and since Elite is going to be out much sooner will enjoy that until SC finally gets released :)

SC flight model is rough at the moment, but once they've integrated 6dof, sorted out that coupled/decoupled mode nonsense, tightened up several things and added custom keybinds it should get a whole lot better.

Hopefully not too far in the future either.

Back
Top Bottom