******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Permabanned
Looking for some help guys,

I'm currently flying in SC with the Warthog HOTAS and using the gimbal cannon on my Vanguard Warden is a PITA.

I've removed the canon and gimbal mount from the ship in the hanger but I cant seem to attached any other weapons in fixed mount mode.

Should any S5 or lower gun just attach directly to the S5 slot under the nose, or does it have to be equipped with a mount of some kind before the weapon will attach?

Cheers

Caporegime
Looking for some help guys,

I'm currently flying in SC with the Warthog HOTAS and using the gimbal cannon on my Vanguard Warden is a PITA.

I've removed the canon and gimbal mount from the ship in the hanger but I cant seem to attached any other weapons in fixed mount mode.

Should any S5 or lower gun just attach directly to the S5 slot under the nose, or does it have to be equipped with a mount of some kind before the weapon will attach?

Cheers

Is there an actual gimbal on the chin mount? or is it an 'Unmanned turret', if its a gimbal you should be able to take it off separately from the weapon, try taking the weapon off the gimbal first and then the gimbal off the mount.

An old tutorial of mine, should give you an idea of how gimbals and guns work separately when mounting.

Associate
Hi all, got a couple of questions regarding the in game money first of all why is there 2 seperate ones could someone explain the difference please, also will these be reset at patch 3.0 or in the future.

Just gettin back in to the game :)

Thanks

Caporegime
Hi all, got a couple of questions regarding the in game money first of all why is there 2 seperate ones could someone explain the difference please, also will these be reset at patch 3.0 or in the future.

Just gettin back in to the game :)

Thanks

UEC and REC

United Earth Credits is the in-game currency, that's what the in game economy is based on.

Rental Equipment Credits Is what you earn when playing MP Arena Comander, you use that to rent weapons for use in Arena Commander (Currently rented weapons also work in the PU) and you can rent ships, rented ships don't work in the PU, only in Arena Commander.

You can buy UEC, 1,000 UEC = $1, my advice is don't, no need to, if you want to use different weapons than your ship comes with rent them, you get 7 days rental each time you do, its what i do.

Voyager Direct Store, this is UEC sales, this is where you spend real money to buy this stuff to keep.

Electronic Access Store, this is for REC rentals, you earn these credits by playing MP Arena Commander, like Coop Vanduul Swarm.

Caporegime
Thank you very much for that information , yes dont worry i am not one for buying credit i like to earn it in game dont see the point of playing games if you buy all the stuff :)

NP :)
I forgot to say, right now you can buy UEC, its just another way to support the development of the game, tho not nessesary even if you want other weapons, as i explained you can rent them at no real cost.
When the game goes live UEC is what will be earned in game.

Permabanned
Is there an actual gimbal on the chin mount? or is it an 'Unmanned turret', if its a gimbal you should be able to take it off separately from the weapon, try taking the weapon off the gimbal first and then the gimbal off the mount.

An old tutorial of mine, should give you an idea of how gimbals and guns work separately when mounting.

Figured it out, for some reason I cannot make this change in the hanger on the actual ship, but I can in the ship configurator within the Arena commander section; save the changes and fly with the ship loaded out like so.

Now rocking one of these beasts on a fixed mount under the nose

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/voyager-direct/BEHR-M-Series/Behring-M7A-Laser-Cannon

Come at me!!!

15hlx7m.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
With the 3.0 Schedule Report going live i have put together a little something on what 'very roughly' to expect.
A part of that Schedule Report is the Levski Landing Zone on the Delmar moon, about half a year ago in Gamescom 2016 CIG gave us a planetary tech demo presentation, that demo was a mission involving the 'Levski Landing Zone on the Delmar moon', in the video below i have edited out the actual demo its self, its nearly 50 minutes long and actually quite old now, as i shall get to a bit later the visual quality has moved on a lot since then, but i think its still a good demonstration of the sort of thing to expect from 3.0, for those newer to this who don't know what to expect and haven't seen it already it is worth watching.

This one is a demo of planetary tech a couple of months later, as you can see compared with the original Levski demo the visuals in this are so much more detailed, the play-through in this one is also fun to watch with a surprise at the end.

And last one which is again relevant to 3.0, it shows you the surface of the other two moons that you will be able to land on in 3.0, as they are at this point, again compared with the original Levski demo the Detail, the Image Quality and the lighting of the moons is really nice, the two moons in question are Celin and Yela, yes they are already in the PU but like everything currently in the PU they are just place holders, the final moons shown here are completely different.

Last edited:
Associate
I first purchased a ship on SC in 2015 and have never touched it after a couple of hours of use. Is it worth installing again and does anyone know if it runs well on a Ryzen CPU? Cheers.

Caporegime
I first purchased a ship on SC in 2015 and have never touched it after a couple of hours of use. Is it worth installing again and does anyone know if it runs well on a Ryzen CPU? Cheers.

When in 2015? is that Pre-Alpha 2? IE pre-Public Universe? if so there is a lot more to it now, Alpha 1 was just Hangers and Arena Commander, now there i a small system to explore, late in June that will grow to landing on moons.

As for Ryzen, yes it will do just as well as it does on Intel, the performance tho is still not great, tho much better now that it has been in the last few patches and with perfectly playable FPS.

Soldato
OP
Just remember Crusader performance is impacted by the servers, doesn't matter what spec of PC you have it'll rarely be great. Other modules like Arena commander are fine though.

Soldato
Nice!

So Banu defender folks? Preferred the working title minuteman personally

I agree whilst the name defender is very direct and to the point I feel minuteman feels more infiting with the banus style not that we know much of them.

I'm looking forward to seeing it :D will for sure be getting one to at least put into the melt pool. As if it's anything like the merchantman it could end up seeming slightly rare.

you can explore planets now? I Thought the build aint out until June at least?

Sorry didn't mean to get your hopes up :) but as new boy correctly pointed out.

that's just an asteroid

Back
Top Bottom