******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato

In good news my new mouse came and it's without a doubt a lot better built than that razer rubbish. + it has a gimicky oled screen that i can doodle on in software or load gifts that have actually turned quite useful for knowing the correct profile is loaded. For instance now once i boot SC up a space invaders gif pops up of the ship so i know that the profile has auto loaded. Or when im on my desktop a doodle saying " worzel loves celine " pops up.

Have to say though i always knew that mouse sensors were important but the difference going from that 4g nonsence in the adder and a optical3360 is fantastic.

Soldato
Looking for some help guys,

I'm currently flying in SC with the Warthog HOTAS and using the gimbal cannon on my Vanguard Warden is a PITA.

I've removed the canon and gimbal mount from the ship in the hanger but I cant seem to attached any other weapons in fixed mount mode.

Should any S5 or lower gun just attach directly to the S5 slot under the nose, or does it have to be equipped with a mount of some kind before the weapon will attach?

Cheers

You can press right alt + j to lock the gimbals btw

Permabanned
Soldato
OP
Doesn't help that they keep changing the damn controls lol

I'm probably going to make a Roccat Powergrid for gimbals etc when I get a moment. All the controls that I use but can't justify on stick/throttle basically.

Soldato
Doesn't help that they keep changing the damn controls lol

I'm probably going to make a Roccat Powergrid for gimbals etc when I get a moment. All the controls that I use but can't justify on stick/throttle basically.

Yeah i was playing last night trying to explain the basics of controls to someone and it is easy to forget how many we have become accustomed to given how many buttons there actually are.

I have SC for a good few hours, and I have been active in this thread a little while now, browsing for a lot longer.

Burnt what in gods name is a Gimbal?!

Odd i got alerted that yo was posting literally as i was typing in here haha. I played with Wes last night! He seemed to enjoy it despite a few bugs and issues. Hoping they didn't put him off.

To anwer your question it's easier to explain how a weapon works without a gimbal first.

Put a weapon on a ship without a gimbal and it will stay pointing in the way you installed it so to aim at a target you have to lead your shots with your nose ahead of the enemy. With a gimbal the weapon can move with your input. So you can move the weapon around without moving the ship around.

Soldato
OP
It's still in alpha mate, you can earn points (called REC) to spend on loan components and ships to try out and you can earn alpha cash (aUEC) in the test persistent universe although right now all you can do is buy armour and weapons.

Back
Top Bottom