1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Raumarik, Jun 4, 2014.

1. BlizzardX

Wise Guy

Turned up to the expo on Origin day... I thought the reclaimer was big until I saw the 890 Jump!

[​IMG]

2. humbug

Caporegime

Its not easy getting the whole thing into shot ^^^^ :D

[​IMG]

And these things have fully fleshed out interiors, its like a flying Dubai hotel.

Last year they treated us to the Smallest of the cap' ships, the Idris.

First seen here.

3. humbug

Caporegime

Alpha 3.8 in Evocati testing :)

4. BlizzardX

Wise Guy

Server side Object container streaming in?

5. humbug

Caporegime

I honestly don't know...

6. BlizzardX

Wise Guy

Hope so as that will help the game servers load. Most of my issues stem from having only 8GB ram and using Parsec to play so I end up with ~3.5GB of free ram... I've got my SSDs with pagefiles but I've another 8GB coming soon so that should fix things.

7. rubberduck

Mobster

Record year for SC from a crowdfunding perspective having taken close to $40 million. Why would Roberts want this to come out when the vapourware business model is being fueled so strongly by such a loyal fan (mug) base?

8. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

So no then otherwise you would see a massive improvement in lag and frame rates

9. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Despite my cynicism at the monetisation model, and the mis-management of the project, my inner starship captain can't help but hope it does end up in a playable game at some point (and one that isn't ruined by pay to win monetisation).

Found this while I was cleaning out my apartment for the move recently :D 5 years ago!

[​IMG]

10. Mtom

Wise Guy

SSOCS have nothing to do with frame rate just so you know. It does nothing on the user side.
    It makes the servers manage less stuff so CIG can enable NPCs or raise the player count.

11. BlizzardX

Wise Guy

Yup. We had client side OCS which made a huge difference; I would expect server side to make things like Area 18 expo a little bit less taxing on the servers and therefore clients but SSOCS will be part of the enablement for Server Meshing.

12. VincentHanna

Capodecina

13. Dano

Sgarrista

Insane, I'd love to know how much is from new players and how much is from people just adding ships to their hangers.

14. Mtom

Wise Guy

Let's not forget that this amount pays for the building up of 5 studios from zero and development of 2 games simultaneously

15. humbug

Caporegime

Well no given the Frame Rates are good without SSOCS, my GPU is the limiting factor.

16. humbug

Caporegime

Over the weekend, for the first time i have ever seen in 6 years of playing this game, we were put into queues to get into the server.

PS: currently at $252,118,492 https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

17. Panos

Capodecina

18. Mtom

Wise Guy

Which is normal business practice..if you have a steady income you don't sit on your money just keep 2-3 months of reserve

19. Raumarik

Capodecina

Also they aren't reliant on loans continually like many businesses.

The financial side isn't a huge issue tbh. I just want the game mechanics to be more developed - however it's making steady progress and I'm having fun along the way.

20. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

spent on what?