******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
We did that mission recently with me in a Sabre and 5 in a Carrack.
3 went onto the Caterpillar, 2 stayed to man the Carrack and help me defend the area. It was epic.

It lasted a few hours with us zipping around the system being chased by bounty hunters, all of whom we managed to take out, until we managed to kill ourselves in pitch black conditions trying to take out sentry turrets on a security outpost while being pursued by yet more bounty hunters :D

Then again, there is no game apparently, so I must've imagined it all.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I have not installed it in like maybe 5 years. Once I get a new graphics card in September I may give it a go.

Will install it on my newly acquired Intel Optane SSD :D

Soldato
as soon as you start killing a bounty gets sent out

I do hope that will get more organic in time and not be THAT generic. Jam the communications (if they have) -> they can't send distress calls; details are sent about an attack -> only general details like how many, perhaps what equipment they use (a bit like Mafia 2), and say nothing about the ship if they haven't seen it! Only when they've actively caught you so they can take off the suit should be ok to have an identification of the person.

Sending a distress call which immediately points out YOU as the felon breaks immersion big time and is just lazy work.

Caporegime
I do hope that will get more organic in time and not be THAT generic. Jam the communications (if they have) -> they can't send distress calls; details are sent about an attack -> only general details like how many, perhaps what equipment they use (a bit like Mafia 2), and say nothing about the ship if they haven't seen it! Only when they've actively caught you so they can take off the suit should be ok to have an identification of the person.

Sending a distress call which immediately points out YOU as the felon breaks immersion big time and is just lazy work.

You know those Com-Arrays dotted all around the system?

Get a Crypto Card from Grim Hex, go to the Com-Array in the locality you want to operate your piracy, use the Crypto Card to hack into the Com-Array and shut it down, for the time that Com-Array is down no communication can be relayed.

If you want to avoid a bounty being sent out that's what you do, however even that's no guarantee as the moment the Com-Array goes down a public repair request is sent out, so either have someone stay behind to cover it or hope none gets to it before you complete your piracy.

You know when you travel from area to area, you get a message in the HUD stating "Link Established" that's you connecting to those Com-Arrays.

Last edited:
Associate
Right, how the actual **** do you drink water in this game??! I have bought water but cannot see it in my inventory anywhere. So bloody annoying how crap the UI can be sometimes. Cheers!!

Soldato
If you've stored it, you press i for inventory, then right click on the stored drink. Use left click to drink it when it's in your hand (hold to drink all of it).

Obviously, don't forget to take your helmet off first.

Associate
Scraping the barrel of try hardery there, Vince...

In case you didn't know, you can use the wheel menu (hold F and right click) to quickly equip/unequip your helmet.
Saves the mobiglass hassle.

Thanks that is helpful as most of my game crashes occur when using mobiglass

Soldato
You know those Com-Arrays dotted all around the system?

Get a Crypto Card from Grim Hex, go to the Com-Array in the locality you want to operate your piracy, use the Crypto Card to hack into the Com-Array and shut it down, for the time that Com-Array is down no communication can be relayed.

If you want to avoid a bounty being sent out that's what you do, however even that's no guarantee as the moment the Com-Array goes down a public repair request is sent out, so either have someone stay behind to cover it or hope none gets to it before you complete your piracy.

You know when you travel from area to area, you get a message in the HUD stating "Link Established" that's you connecting to those Com-Arrays.

I haven't played that much and probably won't as I want a "clean" as possible experience when will be launched. :)
What you say, although better, is still far from what it should be, but there is plenty of time for them to improve the system.

Soldato
I haven't played that much and probably won't as I want a "clean" as possible experience when will be launched. :)
What you say, although better, is still far from what it should be, but there is plenty of time for them to improve the system.
I suspect that we'll have a whole type of gameplay caused by ship internal componenet customisation due to how the componenet system works... I'd imagine that you'll be able to get cpu blades that can do jamming etc. and you can choose between adding these functions or other functions.

Back
Top Bottom