1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Raumarik, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Uncle Petey

Capodecina

Well, that's what we're going to find out.

What's your motivation here btw? Is it anything more than the usual 'I must show how much smarter I am than everyone else' kind of thing, or do you genuinely believe you're saving souls or something?

2. Malevolence

Capodecina

Posting an opinion that you don't agree with ≠ trolling.

3. Calin Banc

Wise Guy

I thought you're speaking about the whole game. :D

4. humbug

Caporegime

Nah just patch 3.10 :)
    --------

Salvaging progress...

5. Darujhistan

Mobster

So basically Callin, more whataboutery and time-based excuses. Claims made the extreme complexity, depth and quality of game systems and features etc but no evidence to support them.

Time of course is exactly what Roberts is playing for.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  6. Darujhistan

Mobster

Oh come on man this isn't the Star Citizen forums...

:D

7. Calin Banc

Wise Guy

People seem to be on "but that game!", failing to see there is no game to compare in complexity.
    No evidence? Well, you have the ships, the planets, the almighty physics grids, some sort of quests, locations, etc. Of course you'll say "only that?", it has been said since the hangar was available, then the quick death mach with other ships, etc. I think or should be available a type of Battlefield sort of game.

I get it, some people wanted here and now instead of postponing something with the aim to gain more. Is the human nature.

In general, it is funny to see people wanting this to fail while probably blaming other games that don't innovate enough. :)

8. Darujhistan

Mobster

"The Almighty Physics grids" - :D 8 years and $250M+ and we're talking about physics grids! is that gaming has come to?

I don't want to see SC fail as the damage is already done, you have all informed other devs and publishers just how far much further they can push the "give us something for nothing" envelope with your idiotic spending.

9. Vega

Wise Guy

Anyone who thinks by far the most complex/ambitious game software development ever initiated was going to be accomplished in 1-2 years, no matter what was "said", doesn't know anything about software development.

10. varkanoid

Sgarrista

Wasn't that Chris Roberts ? :D

11. Calin Banc

Wise Guy

Well, you seem to take what you want from the discussion and minimize everything that is progress. But a point of view like that is not that bad, at least is keeping some pressure on the project. But I fear that upon lunch, even if is good, the tune will change into "only this?".

Exactly. Plenty of examples to go around.

12. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

Fixed using USA VPN connection

13. humbug

Caporegime

I discovered today that if you log out of the launcher, close it, and log back in it fixes the 16007 issue....

14. Matmulder

Wise Guy

That didn't work for me - even after resets, validations, all kinds.

The only thing that's fixed it has been changing my DNS servers, and flushing the DNS. No idea why - but switching between ISP, OpenDNS, Google and the like fixes it first time.

15. humbug

Caporegime

Ah ok :)

[​IMG]

16. bmad

Gangster

Well 3.9 is broken for me. On the rare occasion I do get in the game it crashes pretty much every time. I've not managed more than 10 minutes. 3.8 was fine. Bloody annoying as it's looking more like a proper game now.

17. humbug

Caporegime

What GPU?
    Do you have any custom Page File Settings? it doesn't like that...

18. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

3.10 should be out in 3 weeks time or so. Also once free flight is over, servers should be a bit more stable

19. bmad

Gangster

2080ti. I looked at the page file as per another guide and it looked ok. What exactly do I need to do with it? Cheers!

20. humbug

Caporegime

Well that's plenty of GPU..... Let Windows do the page file, i remember locking mine to 16GB because of SSD space and it didn't like it, i have a larger NVMe drive now..

Once i'm in it runs for hours without crashing.