******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Associate
What ship are you guys most excited about which hasn't had a brochure or special sale recently? Personally it'd be the Gladiator (have one) or Starfarer (want one) but seem great on paper, love how the Gladiator looks and can see the benefits in having a Starfarer :)

The Anvil Carrick. Looks like it'll be a great ship with a lot of facilities for deep space exploration. I'm interested to see how they have progressed with the design of the ship interiors (multi-levels, compartments etc).

I also have Gladiator however I'm tempted to trade it in for the Redeemer even though it's one of the best looking shipsin the game :)

Soldato
The Anvil Carrick. Looks like it'll be a great ship with a lot of facilities for deep space exploration. I'm interested to see how they have progressed with the design of the ship interiors (multi-levels, compartments etc).

I also have Gladiator however I'm tempted to trade it in for the Redeemer even though it's one of the best looking shipsin the game :)
Carrack mate, carrack. ;)

And yes, it should itch that deep space exploration fantasy. If necessary it will be the only ship I will definitely own before going into the PU (might have to take the free aurora MR with the base game, but I'll sell that immediately for credits).

Soldato
OP
I think I voted for everyone except it at some point, I like some parts of it but really dislike others, the ship itself is far too compact though and I don't think they've considered how bad it'll be with 4-5 people in it.

Associate
Carrack mate, carrack. ;)

And yes, it should itch that deep space exploration fantasy. If necessary it will be the only ship I will definitely own before going into the PU (might have to take the free aurora MR with the base game, but I'll sell that immediately for credits).

um, yeah, I meant Carrack :) Must have been because I was matching the football!

Most glaring issue with the Redeemer is the pilot can't tell when the doors are open for the troops to leave.. in single file lol

It's got a floor hatch as well :) I think it's just because it's a bit different to the other ships and even though it's a bit cramped it has a good and detailed interior layout for its size with compartments, bulkheads etc.

Soldato
um, yeah, I meant Carrack :) Must have been because I was matching the football!
Heh, sorry I'm just a little hyped for that ship. :D

Regarding the redeemer - the interior detail is fantastic and really polished, but some people mentioned things like when dropping off players out the back, there's no turret to cover them because they're all front facing.

Associate
Heh, sorry I'm just a little hyped for that ship. :D

Regarding the redeemer - the interior detail is fantastic and really polished, but some people mentioned things like when dropping off players out the back, there's no turret to cover them because they're all front facing.

Same here :)

On the Redeemer I suppose the pilot could scan the area before opening the ramp and clear the docking area first and/or land with the pilot facing the enemy and use the ship for initial cover like an apc. Landing the way in the FPS demo could allow someone to easily open up on the ramp area and fire directly into the ship…

Last edited:
Associate
@Cpt Bosh
Where abouts are you? Im minutes from the Trafford Center. I dont drive though, so Cheshire might as well be Santa Monica :D
I'd love to do CitCon and take in both studios over there, but i bet it'd cost about a grand :(

I have a Starfarer, so thats the top of my list for wanting to see more.
I want the Retaliator, so at least i know that'll be with us before xmas.
But i think im most excited to see a finished Idris, it'll be a long time till i see one myself (my character) but it'll be great to just watch video walkthroughs on YT, its the next step after the Constellation IMO, the first proper multi-crew ship for SC, and this is the same thing only more amazing and remarkable. The Bengal is nice, and the Shubin mining station will be fun to walk around, but the Idris is the daddy IMO.

Associate
Yeah a UK event would awesome, Ben hinted there would be one in a recent RTV. I think a Squadron 42 launch party would be a good bet.

@PaulC2K I live in a village just outside of Preston and Blackpool so was only about an hours drive to Foundry 42

Soldato
OP
London = miles more expensive for anyone who doesn't live there, more so than almost anywhere else in the UK. Might as well make it Ornkey and be done with it :p

Soldato
OP
Guys it's not going to be in Scotland, let's not get excited. If there is one it's likely to be London, or if we (as if everyone outside London) is lucky perhaps Manchester ;)

Might submit a 10FTC asking..

Back
Top Bottom