******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
lol, thats true. I think manual landing is just more satisfying, but probably a significant factor is that the automated version just feels so slow (pause while you hold the button, it automatically centers itself to the middle of the pad, and then lowers) and you've already done 90% of the job by the time it'll let you do it anyway, so theres little benefit to be had.
Yes I'd go automated into the commercial stations, after all they don't want you crashing and making a mess and manual landing on random planets etc. Just to clarify I have actually bought this game a while back, I just don't have a GPU to play anything just yet, I do have a good CPU for it though ;)

Soldato
So I occasionaly check the funding to see how that's going given the constant moaning about the state of the game and noticed that they've secured $482,358,411 so far. If I recall correctly, it was around the end of November that they passed the $400m mark. That's pretty amazing growth in funding in less than 8 months and I'd imagine they'll hit $500m in the next couple of months.. crazy amounts but I'm glad that someone is giving this sort of approach a go even if the start wasn't that confidence inspiring!

Associate
I was watching a streamer the other day and he did a quick chat poll on how many people had only bought the $45 starter and how many had spend more than $1k. It seemed to be quite an even split. They really seem to be on a bit of a roll with how playable (and yet still bug ridden to hell and back) it is.

We're getting a new Banu transmission later in the week.

Soldato
So I occasionaly check the funding to see how that's going given the constant moaning about the state of the game and noticed that they've secured $482,358,411 so far. If I recall correctly, it was around the end of November that they passed the $400m mark. That's pretty amazing growth in funding in less than 8 months and I'd imagine they'll hit $500m in the next couple of months.. crazy amounts but I'm glad that someone is giving this sort of approach a go even if the start wasn't that confidence inspiring!
Wait till when 4.0 drops....

Associate
Very nice. I do think they've not explored the alien tech enough yet. Even just in lore / pictures. And the ships we do have are humanised versions from the lore I've seen.

I watched the Khartu-Al being used in AC and while the manoeuvrability looked great for the amount of Gs it can pull. It's such a large target front on, with not enough firepower.

Caporegime
Very nice. I do think they've not explored the alien tech enough yet. Even just in lore / pictures. And the ships we do have are humanised versions from the lore I've seen.

I watched the Khartu-Al being used in AC and while the manoeuvrability looked great for the amount of Gs it can pull. It's such a large target front on, with not enough firepower.

Its the first alien ship, released way back in 2016 and completely forgotten about since then, it needs brining up to date, badly, the firepower actually IMO is fine for a light fighter, 2X S3 (Panthers) that works well with the manoeuvrability it has, but shields seem to be bugged, one missile hit; shields and engines were down, i was a sitting duck, just one missile, my 325A has the same 2X S1 shield design and it can take 3 missiles before the shields are down and even then it doesn't just sit dead.

I like it, i would have liked it as a light fighter, but its made of paper, it needs fixing.

Soldato
Its the first alien ship, released way back in 2016 and completely forgotten about since then, it needs brining up to date, badly, the firepower actually IMO is fine for a light fighter, 2X S3 (Panthers) that works well with the manoeuvrability it has, but shields seem to be bugged, one missile hit; shields and engines were down, i was a sitting duck, just one missile, my 325A has the same 2X S1 shield design and it can take 3 missiles before the shields are down and even then it doesn't just sit dead.

I like it, i would have liked it as a light fighter, but its made of paper, it needs fixing.
Just give it a Size 9 torpedo, glass cannon ;)

Associate
Banu-Message.png

Back
Top Bottom