******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Associate
MISC has a partnership with Xi'an for building ships utilising their tech, but it seems pretty clear they stole the Freelancer design from the Banu language!
Every word looks like it could have been a rejected Freelancer concept sketch :D

Associate
Was just talking to my mate about SC things, and we were looking on the RSI site at the skins and the Prowler Harmony paint is my fav of the lot, and my mate mentioned that Olie had done a video on it, and i was 5min into it when i clicked on the notification and you're posting the same video :D
The paint looks even better in the video than the RSI image, i absolutely love Hot Pink & Baby Blue as a combo (+ Dark Grey & White are my racing colours of choice) so that thing is right up my street, and the interior is basically my 2nd fav combo. Absolutely love how they've done it, its so nice.... i just have absolutely zero use for one :(

I'd always planned on myself and a friend grabbing the main industrial top-of-the-line ships, as opposed to a load of mid-tier stuff, because i always thought it'd be nice years later when still using those top spec ships, they were our contribution towards funding the game, and they're still being used etc, rather than a 325 or something nice, but sits in a hangar somewhere because the Sabre or whatever was the best single-seater fighter etc. Now, with all the ships growing in size, its awesome, but they're also pretty much unmanageable for the pair of us, certainly with a level of efficiency they deserve, which kinda sucks.
That, coupled with the fact that the price increase has had a negative impact, as much as its had a positive one, in that the ships that are more suitable (eg Mole) are now out of reach, without melting everything down, and losing a ton of value.

If i melt my large ships down, i doesnt even cover the cost of the 2 mid-tier multi-crew industrial ships (Vulcan & Mole). The rest are either solo, equally HUGE, i already have (Starfarer, doing a similar role to the Vulcan, and dont want to melt), or are combat adjacent (dropship, medical etc). So im kinda locked into ships that arent really viable currently, at least till AI crew is a thing.
I did watch Olie's video of the Reclaimer from a month ago earlier too, as its been 1y+ since ive been in it, and it got me excited for it again, it just needs AI even consider using it. Hopefully if 3.18 has reclamation added, its functional with the Reclaimer and not limited to the Vulture. Im expecting to be disappointed though tbh.

Associate
Everything I'm seeing points to how you need to be in a active community / group as most ships need at least 2 people if not a lot more. And all the event missions appear to be group content. If we ever get to the point where ships can be permanently destroyed it will also become even more important to have backup.

I feel if you're looking at melting ships then you should do it with what the ships will be in the future. Not how they are right now with features missing. AI shipmates is a long way off from what I've read but it will be another game changer.

Was looking through the ship list as well as I'd love a bigger version of the Titan. That is, a corvette sized ship but that I can play solo without crippling it.

Soldato
Everything I'm seeing points to how you need to be in a active community / group as most ships need at least 2 people if not a lot more. And all the event missions appear to be group content. If we ever get to the point where ships can be permanently destroyed it will also become even more important to have backup.

I feel if you're looking at melting ships then you should do it with what the ships will be in the future. Not how they are right now with features missing. AI shipmates is a long way off from what I've read but it will be another game changer.

Was looking through the ship list as well as I'd love a bigger version of the Titan. That is, a corvette sized ship but that I can play solo without crippling it.

It depends on what you wanna do?

You can solo many proffesions such as mining, cargo hauling and soon hull stripping/salvaging.

The game does come alive when playing with others though

Associate
Yeah, its hard to tell how things will be in a couple of years time. I think when the game gets to a state where you can play it daily and have meaningful progression and group goals, joining an org with similar ideals would be something we'd do. I've said years back it'd be cool if orgs can be split into branches/squadrons, that way we could do our own things and join in with the main org too, and i guess with us being able to join many orgs at the same time it already has an element of that.
When theres more reason to work in groups, i think more meaningful communities will form, right now theres not much need.

Associate
Exactly. It just depends on the focus of the group. A lot of communities have a say a raid team and schedule but they'll be other events people run and not everyone will be in the raid group.

I do see survival being the main focus in the future though. When people can permanently lose things and can't combat log it'll change the playstyle a lot. Watching streamers / YT vids currently it's easy to see a huge chunk of people are willing to die rather than, pay a ransom etc.

Soldato
I'll definitely be giving this another go once I get a new GPU. How does it scale with GPUs? I've got 32GB RAM and a 5800X3D, using WD Black for OS and WD blue for a game drive. Using a 1440 144Hz monitor.

Caporegime
I'll definitely be giving this another go once I get a new GPU. How does it scale with GPUs? I've got 32GB RAM and a 5800X3D, using WD Black for OS and WD blue for a game drive. Using a 1440 144Hz monitor.

Depends where you are in the game, performance for the most part is decent, you have the best CPU its possible to have for it, 32GB of RAM is ideal, i would however install it on the WD Black, the faster the drive its on the better.

At 1440P i get anywhere from 40 to 100 FPS, its mostly a GPU limitation.

Back
Top Bottom