******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
In my hands Its not miles different really. I'm no ace pilot by any means. The big difference being one has a large exterior cargo bay. Although I use it more of a vehicle bay than for cargo and will comfortably take a Cyclone or a ROC, Which is just a huge game changer.
At these levels of cargo size I just dont see it as a major money maker. If I want cargo I'll just load up the Conny, until I can afford the Caterpillar. I just find it a bit more convenient as a ship I can leave the cargo bay open whilst still having a secure ship. The Titan probably a bit better in combat with slightly better loadout and a little bit more maneuverable. but the Nomad is plenty sufficient for lower level bounties and any nasties that might pop up along the way and the shields are huge. Using it as much as I do I find myself bumbling into situations, I went toe to toe with a hostile player controlled cutty black yesterday, and blew him out of the sky, although i'm sure he was solo as I dont think his turret was manned, I'm sure it would have ended up slightly different otherwise.

*edit* Only bug bear I have with the nomad at the moment is that I cant reload the missiles, so I'm guns only at the moment.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've had a Dragonfly for a little while now, i did wonder where it came from, browsing my hanger i found it.

I didn't know we get a Dragonfly for referrals, and i haven't put my referral code on anything i've published in years.

I'm not complaining...

2wRzxy6.png

Associate
I didn't know we get a Dragonfly for referrals, and i haven't put my referral code on anything i've published in years.

It was only when the Foundation Festival was running in July, if you got a referral.

I've only taken it out a couple times now and found it quite a handful to drive. It's fast and has a tendency to bounce off rocks at weird angles. On low grav worlds you can also launch it into the air easily and become an airplane, then a lawn dart... :D

Tuesday: Lore post
Wednesday: Roadmap update
Thursday: ISC on Kareah and Klescher + missions stuff
Friday: Star Citizen Live All-Vehicles Q&A at 3pm UTC

Soldato
Any Quantinium mining tips? I've finally decided to give it a punt as I bought the prospector the other day. I'm mining on Lyria and have been finding rocks up to 39% content, which according to what people say over 30% is enough to fill my tanks with pure quantinium.
I've got my prospector fitted out with a Lancet like all the videos tell you to, but I just cant get enough energy into the rock, I'm just tickling it, maz i've seen is like 20% of the way to the green zone.

The videos I've watched only one of them showed themselves even using modules but didnt really explain them. The rest just seem to skim over it and fast forward to the bit where they are already in the green. I assume it requires the modules fitted to make the lancet viable? I claimed my Prospector and forgot that the modules didnt transfer over. So I was out there on Lyria wasting my time...
I've also noticed that the Lancet is the least powerful Mining head, I assume this is better for fine control but lacks the punch without using modules?

Caporegime
Any Quantinium mining tips? I've finally decided to give it a punt as I bought the prospector the other day. I'm mining on Lyria and have been finding rocks up to 39% content, which according to what people say over 30% is enough to fill my tanks with pure quantinium.
I've got my prospector fitted out with a Lancet like all the videos tell you to, but I just cant get enough energy into the rock, I'm just tickling it, maz i've seen is like 20% of the way to the green zone.

The videos I've watched only one of them showed themselves even using modules but didnt really explain them. The rest just seem to skim over it and fast forward to the bit where they are already in the green. I assume it requires the modules fitted to make the lancet viable? I claimed my Prospector and forgot that the modules didnt transfer over. So I was out there on Lyria wasting my time...
I've also noticed that the Lancet is the least powerful Mining head, I assume this is better for fine control but lacks the punch without using modules?

How big are these 30%+ rocks? the stock mining head really struggles to put enough energy in to rocks at and over 5,000.

The two best heads are Helix and the Lancet, the Lancet gives you a bigger green area so its easier to keep it stable, but it doesn't have that much power behind it so it does struggle with larger rocks, the Helix is more powerful so you can crack larger rocks, but it gives you a very thin and difficult green bit.

I don't know about modules, i just don't use them.

Soldato
How big are these 30%+ rocks? the stock mining head really struggles to put enough energy in to rocks at and over 5,000.

The two best heads are Helix and the Lancet, the Lancet gives you a bigger green area so its easier to keep it stable, but it doesn't have that much power behind it so it does struggle with larger rocks, the Helix is more powerful so you can crack larger rocks, but it gives you a very thin and difficult green bit.

I don't know about modules, i just don't use them.
The ones I've been finding are ~6000-7000 ish. Should I be aiming for smaller ones? with decent %

Soldato
Tell you what, this Quantanium mining gig is pretty lucrative!
I spent most of last night mining Quant on Lyria, and have breezed to an easy Mil. No stress, no worry of mission breaking bugs, just floating around scanning looking for that ideal rock.

Also one to increase the immersion, a very atmospheric soundtrack to sooth you whilst you wander though the system.

Associate
I spent most of last night mining Quant on Lyria, and have breezed to an easy Mil. No stress, no worry of mission breaking bugs, just floating around scanning looking for that ideal rock.

That sounds great you'll need to tell me when you next do it and where you are... So I can help you. ;)

I've not tried ship mining, I see the appeal but have had too much fun either shooting things or exploring caves / planets.

Soldato
That sounds great you'll need to tell me when you next do it and where you are... So I can help you. ;)

I've not tried ship mining, I see the appeal but have had too much fun either shooting things or exploring caves / planets.
I've seen so many post/videos talking about mining being easy money. They wernt wrong! The prospector was a great purchase and will make grinding out bigger ships a lot easier. I just look forward to when the MISC Expanse becomes a real thing! Mobile refinery will make mining so much more efficient.

I feel like this game is always trying to make me feel inadequate... Have they implemented Uber in game yet? I aint walking that far!
EenmYEP.jpg

Soldato
I've seen so many post/videos talking about mining being easy money. They wernt wrong! The prospector was a great purchase and will make grinding out bigger ships a lot easier. I just look forward to when the MISC Expanse becomes a real thing! Mobile refinery will make mining so much more efficient.

I feel like this game is always trying to make me feel inadequate... Have they implemented Uber in game yet? I aint walking that far!
EenmYEP.jpg

Can just imagine a p-52 being spawned in the largest of large hangers. I mean a really Chubby chungus hangar.

I want space age hover blades.. You know like floaty roller blades that you have as an armour add on.

Caporegime

EenmYEP.jpg

I think that hanger is designed for this, even then its a tight squeeze.

This was back in 2018 when performance was not good but at least you didn't kill eachother if you had more than 2 people in the lift.

Associate
The Reclaimer takes up more of the large hanger as well. It's always strange when it gives it to you for small ships, have to assume all other hangers are full. If you look back in the thread I posted some pics of a mates Reclaimer, it be huge.

Caporegime
The Reclaimer is like a flying block of flats...

I like this detail, even from many KM away you can see other ships burn in to the atmosphere, it had already mostly burned out when i started recording here, still looks cool.

You could have some fun with this, get a fleet of ships all burning in.

Associate
You should check out Quant mining in the belt. I’ve found it more efficient than Lyria & the right rocks seem to be a bit more plentiful.

Soldato
I havnt bothered yet purely due to hearing loads of people complain about the unscannable rock bugs. Is it as bad as they make out? If not I'll give it a go. To be fair though the main reason for using Lyria is the proximity to ARC L1 for easy access to Refinery.

Back
Top Bottom