******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Caporegime
Its not so much the performance of the GPU, its still surprisingly capable at 1440P, i don't see how anyone would need a 4090, for anything, other than Cyberpunk.

Its not great, but it is perfectly fine and usable, quite surprising how well its holding up.... It is the VRam, it have problems with that, i need 12GB, preferable 16GB, if the 4060Ti 16GB was cheap enough i would actually buy it, i would buy the 4070 at the right price too.
The 4060Ti is little better, so 16GB or not its just not worth it and the 4070 is too expensive, especially if you want one that isn't a bit naff...

Last edited:
Soldato
Well at least you have smooth lift rides. Forget where that was tbh, in places it was 70 ish but very up and down.

Love the 90, I am a massive fan of quiet PCs so a GPU that never really gets stressed on anything is obviously very quiet :)

I refuse to dip in again until I finally bite the bullet and get the sticks sorted. That said, always up for a looksie on a free weekend etc. I rely on you or Mendoza to mention it!

Maybe I should sell the GPU to pay for the sticks. Wouldn't be able to play but at least I could fondle them.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Granted this is in space, i don't have much with my FPS counter on.... all i could find with a quick search.

1440P. very high settings. its ok, its good, its smooth, drop to about 35 -45 moon side, still smooth though... and planet side with the clouds on high around 30.

There is a VRam over allocation in the CIG OSD string, that is constantly red and reading about a 1GB over, doesn't seem to cause much of an issue, but in other games if my VRam is over allocated i get low performance, stutters and missing or blurry textures.

2070 Super...

Last edited:
Soldato
Is this not just an extension of that though ?
No it's completely different. One is just caching the shaders that are in game and thus having them basically always in memory to stop stalls loading shaders in.

A shader mesh is a completely different in how it actually renders the image and that's what allows dynamic LOD scaling via the GPU rather than shaders via CPU like the caching system.

It's a bit like suggesting Vulkan is an extension of DX12 cause they both API and one came before the other but yet are completely different :)

Soldato
Like what? a 4060Ti 16GB? i'm not wealthy enough to get something worth while from Nvidia, or i might, yet again.
Haha with how AMD seem to be going GPU wise I don't think we'll have much of a choice tbh. They seem to truly be struggling from a few of things noted. So a 5060Ti 16GB come end next year might be only option but we can only hope that has 4080 performance for the price of the 4060ti currently!! Ha

Soldato
OP
Only if you compare like for like.

I'd question the need for 4090s + with the current resolutions used in gaming for many years. We seem to be on a hardware sellers hype train that we can get off whenever we want to.

In part it's down to hardware reviewers pushing the latest and greatest for clicks - rather than being sensible, poorly optimised games and technologies which frankly aren't adding much to the experience but are resource hungry.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Keybinds for AMD software + overlap with keybinds in SC gave me this screenshot of Humbug photobombing my attempt to get a photo of the Cutter we played in all evening.

uH8cmuu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom