******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

That has at least been discussed about density etc in I think it was the latest monthly report due to tech changes but it's ground texture and LOD of everything that really hurts right now.

Like a said i think a lot of it is just broken, a lot of engine updates over the years that broke a lot of this stuff, Cryengine like Unreal Engine uses a visual programming system with nodes to make custom adjustments to stop texture repetition, create blending ecte.... in materials, they had all of this years ago and it was working, looking good, bit by bit its got more and more none functional to the point now where a lot of it looks like 2002 graphics.

I realise you know all of this stuff, this is for the benefit of others reading who don't :)

Last edited:
Like a said i think a lot of it is just broken, a lot of engine updates over the years that broke a lot of this stuff, Cryengine like Unreal Engine uses a visual programming system with nodes to make custom adjustments to stop texture repetition, create blending ecte.... in materials, they had all of this years ago and it was working, looking good, bit by bit its got more and more none functional to the point now where a lot of it looks like 2002 graphics.

I realise you know all of this stuff, this is for the benefit of others reading who don't :)

I don't think I've ever seen non-tiling texturedor the ground textures in SC tbh. When I asked Ali Brown they said cause the way they were doing ground textures and the procedural tech they couldn't use the standard nodes to stop the tiling. Something to do with the layer system.

They still have a blending system, just that it isn't good. Some work better than others but yeah generally not great. The big change there was when they went from v2 to v3 planet tech for some reason.

I think for a 10 system play space to feel alive, it needs to be around 3000 players per shard.
doesnt have to be players... just decent well made npcs with a bit of persistence.... infact if anything players can often totally break the 4th wall by acting in idiotic ways that no pilot / soldier in their right mind would ever do.

Last edited:
VKB Premiums came in thanks to @Vidar for selling them to me. Takes Star Citizen flying to a whole new level :D

WZAs6Nt.jpeg

Absolutely by the sounds of it, I'm never off the things for very long. Only thing I'd change is maybe adding an additional button box of some description and possibly some force feedback bases in the future

Just had a little go of the server meshing test, Solid 30FPS server side, The difference in things just working is insane. Went on the tram with 30 or so other people and no clipping, No stuttering, No weird glitches, Trams was smooth.

With how good this now is I genuinely think we could have server meshing enabled on live around next month or maybe November.

Back
Top Bottom