******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

So 1.0, the game loop is great, that's the one thing really missing from SC currently, a reason or purpose for doing anything.

The org space stations, yeah that's years away and doesn't really do anything for your average player. I can see some major problems with allowing orgs to basically control entire planets, and with the biggest most powerful ships requiring a big org to even make, average joe will have no means to over throw a planetary monopoly, even if they managed to gather 100 mates with their small/medium ships.

Last edited:
So 1.0, the game loop is great, that's the one thing really missing from SC currently, a reason or purpose for doing anything.

The org space stations, yeah that's years away and doesn't really do anything for your average player. I can see some major problems with allowing orgs to basically control entire planets, and with the biggest most powerful ships requiring a big org to even make, average joe will have no means to over throw a planetary monopoly, even if they managed to gather 100 mates with their small/medium ships.
So real life socioeconomics:))

Sorry not impressed with CIG management on this one.

Org space stations are so far beyond where we are at the moment, its even beyond Capital ship game play but they decided to use resources to develop and show this for Citizencon? Total misuse imo, imagine if they have used the time/resources this year for Stanton, they could have the Arron Halo and building interior fleshed out for 4.0, maybe outfit the Kraken to get Capital ships in the game for players or maybe speeding up Nyx to expand the universe even more.

The base building I can understand, their improved planet tech will be driving the need to have game play on planets and base building is good enough for that.

I wonder if when they were planning this year they expected 4.0 to be out by now and this was going to be the exciting times ahead.

Also did it really need to be 2 days this year?

Mostly positive Citizencon for me I think.
  • SQ42 looks epic
  • new biomes/environments look really nice
  • base building looks good
  • crafting quality/tiering... Not entirely convinced it's a feature the game the game needed.
  • buildable space stations. A bit too much of a feature creep for me. It'll be cool one day, but I don't see it as required for version 1.0. Ground bases would have sufficed I think.

• SQ42 looks epic
  • crafting quality/tiering... Not entirely convinced it's a feature the game the game needed.
  • buildable space stations. A bit too much of a feature creep for me. It'll be cool one day, but I don't see it as required for version 1.0. Ground bases would have sufficed I think.

The new biomes make sense now as 2 of the 3 planets in Terra make good use of Jungle and Swamp areas. Just need Lava now but I think Will the "water guy" will likely have that covered already.

Base building and crafting both look great, its good to know that ships bought on the pledge store are all tier 1 and can only be upgraded with blueprints bought/found/rewarded in game.

Org space stations are so far beyond where we are at the moment, its even beyond Capital ship game play but they decided to use resources to develop and show this for Citizencon? Total misuse imo, imagine if they have used the time/resources this year for Stanton, they could have the Arron Halo and building interior fleshed out for 4.0, maybe outfit the Kraken to get Capital ships in the game for players or maybe speeding up Nyx to expand the universe even more.

The base building I can understand, their improved planet tech will be driving the need to have game play on planets and base building is good enough for that.

I wonder if when they were planning this year they expected 4.0 to be out by now and this was going to be the exciting times ahead.

Also did it really need to be 2 days this year?
The space stations were excellent large org end game stuff and looked solid plan wise. No problem with the plan myself and I will never get to point of owning one or anything.

And well you'd of needed a 16hr day to fit it all in one day and allow lunch and dinner breaks. We was all shattered end of day one.

• SQ42 looks epic
That is true that space stations probably wasn't needed but Whales will want to see their end game direction I think. Plus let's be fair 1.0 won't be till 2028.

Isn't crafting, building, collection and doing more and more harder exciting missions.IT locked in a rep gate not enough purpose?

I take everything shown here with a massive pinch of salt - it's largely a big marketing campaign to push funding. I've no doubt they want to implement stuff like this, but a show with "We're still working on all those features you saw last year!" won't put money in the bank so they need to show all the shiny new stuff before they've finished all the previous stuff.

I'm still genuinely amazed they still have enough money coming in to keep this going.

Back
Top Bottom