******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Aye that shows some cool stuff that yes a few other games do similar but this is impressive. The only game that has tech on another level with large scale is Microsoft flight sim but having real world data of a whole planet to map from just shows what can be done.

However they also seem to have much better quality materials for metals and painted surfaces and lighting than what CIG are doing tbh which is what makes the whole package really shin.

Interesting talk about raytracing and tbh I am hoping they do push for global illumination cause that would be killer in such an expansive game where there are just so many light sources and give proper shadowed areas.

Caporegime
Aye that shows some cool stuff that yes a few other games do similar but this is impressive. The only game that has tech on another level with large scale is Microsoft flight sim but having real world data of a whole planet to map from just shows what can be done.

However they also seem to have much better quality materials for metals and painted surfaces and lighting than what CIG are doing tbh which is what makes the whole package really shin.

Interesting talk about raytracing and tbh I am hoping they do push for global illumination cause that would be killer in such an expansive game where there are just so many light sources and give proper shadowed areas.

Microsoft Flight Sim looks really good and having 10's of miles of high quality terrain, no matter what type of terrain it is is impressive, it is similar to what CIG are able to do and i agree with you it looks better in Microsoft Flight Sim.

However its not quite the same, Microsoft Flight Sim doesn't have to scale very high quality micro detail, like high detailed weave in cloth to mountains 10's of miles away, that's whats so astonishing, in Microsoft Flight Sim you're not looking at stuff that is just inches away, its all macro detail.

As for Ray Traced GI, Cryengine have been doing it for years, while it is much more efficient than Nvidia's RTX it still takes its toll on performance. Ray Traced Reflections are much easier.

I uploaded this last year, but did this in Cryengine 3.8, 2015 i think....

Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Soldato
Decided to pick it up.

Must say im very disappointing by the graphics. I have it set to very high @ 1440p and somehow the visuals look dated and almost blurry even with the sharpening maxed out.

Its also bottlenecking somewhere. Its running at 90fps but my 2080ti is only running at 70% load, something is stopping it from going any higher.

CPU usage is the highest Ive ever seen on my 3950x for a game

Caporegime
Decided to pick it up.

Must say im very disappointing by the graphics. I have it set to very high @ 1440p and somehow the visuals look dated and almost blurry even with the sharpening maxed out.

Its also bottlenecking somewhere. Its running at 90fps but my 2080ti is only running at 70% load, something is stopping it from going any higher.

You're lucky to have a CPU like that, 90 FPS is very good compared to what others get.

Soldato
Decided to pick it up.

They're working on Vulkan atm. What you're experience is the limitation of dx11.

I hope they can increase the LOD and number of shadows + shadow casting lights with this move (+ some better ambient occlusion). That should be something extra until they'll find time for ray tracing (and enough GPUs capable of it will be on the market) and remove some of the jarring pop ins and views in which it looks like shadows are deactivated.

Soldato
OP
Decided to pick it up.

My 1080TI rarely goes over 70% too at 2560x1440, CPU is honestly generally below 50% on a 2950x but it's dependent on server and where you are tbh.

Turn off motion blur, it's in the options and it's horrible (let's assume the disable option works).

Soldato
This game is a scam!

It's a bad game but not a scam. I put in a refund request and it was processed in a few hours.

Given how long it's been in development I was very disappointed but at least I can say I've tried the game. It no proper tutorials, the menus are an absolute mess, very limited graphics options, the graphics themselves are looking dated and soon they'll need to Make new textures lol...this is why you don't develop a game for more than 3 or 4 years or thus happens.

As for content, again it seems lacking and the world is quite empty.

Basically it feels like a tech demo and not a game that's been in development for many years.

I suspect the owners and developers have been using all the money they received to party in Ibiza

Soldato
The graphics themselves are looking dated and soon they'll need to Make new textures lol..

Couldn't agree more. Probably because they are using the worst engine ever designed for games with overwhelming blurring and just over all poor standards of everything. Should have been called the whyengine asin why the hell did they use this engine.

The lack of tutorials really is a big hitter to at this early alpha stage. They really should have this stuff sorted by now

Soldato
It's a bad game but not a scam. I put in a refund request and it was processed in a few hours.

Given how long it's been in development I was very disappointed but at least I can say I've tried the game. It no proper tutorials, the menus are an absolute mess, very limited graphics options, the graphics themselves are looking dated and soon they'll need to Make new textures lol...this is why you don't develop a game for more than 3 or 4 years or thus happens.

As for content, again it seems lacking and the world is quite empty.

Basically it feels like a tech demo and not a game that's been in development for many years.

I suspect the owners and developers have been using all the money they received to party in Ibiza

They refunded you? I thought they were no longer doing this?

Soldato
Ah sweet. How did you manage it bud?

Yes this was the common understanding I had also.

I was fortunate enough to get a a rather large refund (+£xxxx) back before they made major changes to policy.

Curious how he got his too as mine was essentially me fibbing to them about needing the money to fix a broken pc that was used to test SC

I do still have some stuff in game but I highly doubt I will get to use it in the game the way it was advertised in 2012. Not for a long time anyway.

Back
Top Bottom