** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, simples. I know which I'd choose for the defensive position of left back.

cant be that bad if he is part of a back 4 that conceded the fewest goals in the last two seasons, esp with the injuries Utd have had (not saying injuries are any worse, but constant change to a defence doesnt help anyone apart from the other team) :)

cant be that bad if he is part of a back 4 that conceded the fewest goals in the last two seasons, esp with the injuries Utd have had (not saying injuries are any worse, but constant change to a defence doesnt help anyone apart from the other team) :)

Didn't say he was. Common sense, however, would indicate that in defence, you choose the players that excel at defending rather than offensive duties.

Joe Cole to Liverpool looking likely. Word on the street is that he is in Switzerland having a medical...

I've heard this too. Not sure why he'd need to go to Switzerland for his medical though. More or less all of the WC players aren't bothering joining up with the squad in Switzerland and will start their pre-season on their own back at Melwood.

Jol move seems a bit strange to me, apparently he's not getting a pay rise and you would have thought a hugely prestigous club like Ajax, offering CL football, in his home nation, would be more appealing than Fulham.

I suppose maybe he feels he has unfinished business in England, but I can't really see him taking the club forwards. Hodgson has already delivered a European final and you really can't see them being able to compete for a CL place.

The big 8 right now are Chelsea, Man City, Man United, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Villa and Everton. Fulham will need serious improvement to start challenging domestically so he's on a hiding to nothing.

Jol move seems a bit strange to me, apparently he's not getting a pay rise and you would have thought a hugely prestigous club like Ajax, offering CL football, in his home nation, would be more appealing than Fulham.

I suppose maybe he feels he has unfinished business in England, but I can't really see him taking the club forwards. Hodgson has already delivered a European final and you really can't see them being able to compete for a CL place.

The big 8 right now are Chelsea, Man City, Man United, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Villa and Everton. Fulham will need serious improvement to start challenging domestically so he's on a hiding to nothing.

The chairman is for selling players despite want Jol wants.

Crazy. I'm not his biggest fan but he's capable of filling that no nonsense role against the likes of Stoke and Bolton etc.

This Joe Cole to Liverpool story appears to be picking up quite a bit of pace this afternoon/evening. Hoping for some good news in the next coming days =]

Kyrgiakos and our CB situation in general is a difficult one. I agree with you about the no nonsense part but ultimately Kyrgiakos isn't good enough, Carra's best days are behind him and Skrtel doesn't look like the player he was in his first 12 months.

In an ideal world we should look to let Kyrgiakos go and bring in somebody like a younger Hangeland (dominant in the air) to play alongside Agger, with Carra and Skrtel as competition/cover. Unfortunately we're on a limited budget to say the least and there are other areas of the team that are of greater concern.

Seeing as it's unlikely that what we'll get for him (talk of around £3m) will be enough to sign a CB that would improve on Carra or Skrtel, I'd imagine that if he does go it's simply a case of raising money and Ayala and/or Kelly will be the 4th CB.

Didn't say he was. Common sense, however, would indicate that in defence, you choose the players that excel at defending rather than offensive duties.

well as you are implying Evra is a weak spot - I really dont know how Cashley would have improved Utd's back 4 record, as its highly unlikely he would have

I think Evra was woeful in the World Cup, Cole was better in an equally rubbish England team.

Even so both weren't exactly brilliant.

Means nothing though, this WC for England and France was a write off. Evra has been one of Man Utd's best players for about 3 years solid imo and was especially good when they were winning everything. Cole has improved after a terrible start with Chelsea but Evra has had a longer period of form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom