** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Cole does offer an end product that Evra doesn't, Cole got like 5 goals last season Evra on the other hand hasn't scored for 3 years

hm i grant that Evra doesnt score often. he tends to drag his shots just long and wide enough of the far post that someone else can tap it in...if you counted his assists i think he would do very well.

but then does rio suck compared to vidic because vidic has 50% more goals in about 50% less years at the club?

hm i grant that Evra doesnt score often. he tends to drag his shots just long and wide enough of the far post that someone else can tap it in...if you counted his assists i think he would do very well.

but then does rio suck compared to vidic because vidic has 50% more goals in about 50% less years at the club?

I never, ever judge defenders on goals though, that's how you end up with abortions like Glen Johnson playing for your team and costing £20m. Insignificant tbh

Don't put words in my mouth. I'm simply saying that Cole is a better defender than Evra. This does not make Evra the equivalent of Titus Bramble by default.

well you seemed to imply that Cole would have improved Man Utd's back four by being "better at defending" than Evra

Not sure how thats putting words in your mouth - but hey ho

Psycho - Cole maybe a better scorer, but he certainly isnt any better at supporting the winger (you cant get any better than Evra at this imo, Cole isnt any/much worse but he certainly isnt better)

I never, ever judge defenders on goals though, that's how you end up with abortions like Glen Johnson playing for your team and costing £20m. Insignificant tbh

I get where you are coming from (especially GJ) - but any top team needs confident players infront of goal - whether from a dead ball situation or from open play (I suppose you could say you can get away with a goalie not being a goal scorer lol, but all the rest need to be confident when given a scoring chance imo)

Last edited:
Happy with the Joe Cole signing to be honest, used to dread it when he came on as a sub against us as it always seemed to impact the game against us. At least I dont need to worry about that anymore. On top of that he can play on the left wing and its been a while since we had a decent left winger so fills a positional gap in the team imo.

Now to get that left back position sorted out.

Good signing for Liverpool, Joe Cole. Maybe this means they will finally stop playing the useless (IMO) Kuyt on the wings.

Sounds perverse, but I'm pleased Arsenal didn't sign him... We've got more than enough players of that ilk, we need Defenders...

well you seemed to imply that Cole would have improved Man Utd's back four by being "better at defending" than Evra

Not sure how thats putting words in your mouth - but hey ho

No, you said I was implying Evra was a weakness. It's possible to be good at something and there still be someone much better.

You'd be mad to call Evra a weakness.

It's not a case of one extreme to the other.

So happy to see Joe Cole out of Chelsea and at Liverpool

He's an overrated money grabbing waste of space. Good luck in the Europa league!

Would genuinely rather have Benayoun in team. Joe Cole is a player who has never ever met his potential and considering he's now 28, will he ever?

Jokes on you Liverpool :)

Why does everyone rate him so highly? Do you watch him week in week out?

Last edited:
I don't think Joe Cole is rated that highly, most people appreciate that he has probably the best technique and ability of any English midfielder though. He's always been excellent for the national team too (besides recently, obviously)

He's an overrated money grabbing waste of space. Good luck in the Europa league!

Would genuinely rather have Benayoun in team. Joe Cole is a player who has never ever met his potential and considering he's now 28, will he ever?

WHUT

That goal against Man United?

It was always on the cards, he would never go to Spurs/Arsenal due to Chelsea and he would never ever go to Man United due to the them being his arch rivals for years. It was either Man City or Liverpool

Err, ok.

£5m + Cole for Benayoun. I'd have liked to have kept Yossi as well, but under the current circumstances I'd say it's an uncharacteristically good piece of business for Liverpool.

Last edited:

Lolwut?

Glad with the signing of Joe Cole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom