** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I didnt even think that there was an opinion that cole was better than evra. Evra was fantastic last season until he got to the last few games of the season when he looked knackered.

This is exactly what I was talking about. What do you think Cole is better at? I can't see it personally.

I wil leave this in your hands - I agree but some people just want to be blind or ignore the obvious :)

(the obvious - ie Cole isnt clearly better than Evra, dont think any team would complain about having either one, but its unlikely a team would swap one for the other either its that close)

Personally always thought Cole was a little too vicious for me - but he has got better in the last season or two but still occasionally gets too heavy handed

I wil leave this in your hands - I agree but some people just want to be blind or ignore the obvious :)

(the obvious - ie Cole isnt clearly better than Evra, dont think any team would complain about having either one, but its unlikely a team would swap one for the other either its that close)

Personally always thought Cole was a little too vicious for me - but he has got better in the last season or two but still occasionally gets too heavy handed

After watching both of them loads they just seem incredibly similar in every aspect of their game and I can't see how anybody thinks one is much better than the other. If anything you have a preference, but ability wise they're extremely similar and it's very difficult to split them.

Cheers Gilly, I know what you mean now

Cole is the best left back in the world, bar none. Evra is more then competant but he's certainly not on the same level, never mind better.

Utter rubbish!

First and foremost based on last season when Cole really picked up his form I would say he's marginally better than Evra both defensively and in attack having said that though all this bull about Cole being far better and in another league is just that BALLS!

evra > cole at taking on players or 1-2's

cole > evra at movement, supporting wingers and overlapping

defensively they are both similar but evra has proven his defensive skills for many years, cole on the other hand needs another year at least of top defending.

Just going back to that Masc link you put up.

Quotes from Hodgson this morning indicating that he expects him back at pre-season. I really dont think he'll be leaving us this season.

Meanwhile, Hodgson has again been pressed by journalists on the future of Javier Mascherano after it emerged last week that he had tried - unsuccessfully - to make contact with the midfielder.

Hodgson said: "He doesn't need to make contact with me. I've made contact with him telling him I'm looking forward to seeing him in training when he returns from his holiday but I did make the point in the voicemail that I didn't expect him to contact me.

"I just wanted him to know that I had been in touch and that I was thinking of him. I didn't ask him to call me back. I don't have a lot to say to him, to be honest, other than 'Welcome back'."

well as you are implying Evra is a weak spot - I really dont know how Cashley would have improved Utd's back 4 record, as its highly unlikely he would have

Don't put words in my mouth. I'm simply saying that Cole is a better defender than Evra. This does not make Evra the equivalent of Titus Bramble by default.

Love how this one slipped under the slysports radar completely.
Cant stand their usual 'Our people say he is' 'he isnt' 'he might still be' crap that usually goes on for weeks before a signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom