** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, Joe Cole, 90k a week, its a problem having players like him at a club, he plays for the payday, he's been AWFUL for Chelsea this season, as for being the most technically gifted english midfielder, thats laughable, Lampard is a better passer, by miles, that is a technical ability, Ashley Young is a better crosser and better set piece taker. Joe cole, makes a heck of a lot of work out of going around a player, and he isn't particularly good at it. Yes on showboat he can look great, he'll do the odd cross by kicking the ball with the "wrong" leg by kicking the ball for instance with his left foot, behind and to the right of his right foot. personally I don't think that makes him the most technically gifted player, I think it probably makes him the best at keepie ups, he's exactly the reason England suck, because people mistake doing stupid fancy crap, with good passing and thinking.

The reason the rest of Europe spank England in terms of number of top quality players and international football is precisely that people think the almost useless and ineffective Joe Cole is the cream of the crop technically, he's not. The simple fact is he was embarassingly ineffective in the past year, he's had a long term injury and refused to stay at a successful club because they wouldn't throw silly money at him. A title winning side decided they didn't want to put up with a stroppy little tit, whose done nothing for them on the field for a while, I don't know why anyone else is happy to throw 90k a week at a player who might never get back to his best and certainly wasn't close to it since his injury, which he's had quite some time to get back from already.

AS for Ashley Cole, he's better defensively AND offensively than Evra. The only reason he's not seemed as good offensively, is the side he's in. Chelsea had great wingers before Cole got there, for 3 years he's been behind a won't pass Joe Cole, awful for the vast majority of the time there Malouda, or Kalou. At Arsenal his interplay, overlapping, crossing, was superb. A great offensive fullback won't look good if they don't have a good winger to play off, thats life. Clichy is immense going forwards, he got pee'd off at the pathetic display against Barca and went off on his own several times looking pretty awesome, but the majority of the time over the past few years he's been playing behind strikers pushed out on the wing, or having to defend more because Arshavin/Eduardo/Vela/etc aren't good defensively.

Cole and Clichy are great offensively, they just don't/haven't had the situation to get forward much for a few years. Defensively Cole is better than Evra, he's the best left back in the world, with no exceptions. Good blocking, positionally, tackling, ridiculous pace, reads the game well....... and is a grade A **** to go with it.

Last edited:
well here's a devil's advocate view:

I'd be amazed if Chelsea are paying Benayoun the same amount of wages Cole was after, and Liverpool appear to have agreed to pay him (i've heard reports of 90k). Chelea got rid of a player who spent the majority of last-season injured/playing a bit-part role. They only paid a £5 mil transfer fee for Benayoun but would have had to pay a comparable signing fee to tie Joe Cole to a new long-term contract.

I'm not sure myself, but I'm just saying it isn't as cut and dried as people are making out, and isn't a totally idiotic piece of business by Chelsea.

Its funny how all the people ive talk that arn't pool fans think hes joe cole is washed up. £90,000 is a lot but when hes on a free its not too bad. Good sighning now if we can get Raul on a free it would be good cover for torres.

To be fair, anyone who was going to sign Cole was going to have to pay high wages considering he was on a 'free'. Think it's a very good signing for Liverpool - and playing regular football (which I imagine he will) would do him well. Could this be a Kuyt/Torres partnership now? Kuyt back to a more natural position?

If the figures are all true, though. He'd get the most football at Liverpool too, imo.

;) Indeed I was just being controversial. Surprised that Arsenal were in for 80k, if true I'm not sure what Wenger was thinking. Maybe for 50k, but 80k is ridiculous given his injuries and the extensive cover Arsenal already have in AM

Last edited:
In bigger news...

132384386.jpg

The Cole one is a funny one thats for sure. Quotes attributed to him over recent weeks included

"Not Money Motivated" -Hmm Ok

"Wants regular football with a manager who knows him" - Hmmm Roy Hodgson in the hot seat for 5 mins :(

"Wants regular champions league football" - Europa league football

Strange days

The Cole one is a funny one thats for sure. Quotes attributed to him over recent weeks included

"Not Money Motivated" -Hmm Ok

"Wants regular football with a manager who knows him" - Hmmm Roy Hodgson in the hot seat for 5 mins :(

"Wants regular champions league football" - Europa league football

Strange days

It's strange, but you can also see where he is coming from. The spurs team rotates a bit much, which means he probably wont get many games. The Utd team is generally a normal system, where he probably wont be able to get games where someone is fit, whereas Liverpool in problems..possibly needing sales, and need to build a solid team - he'll probably get the regular football he is wanting. Plus he's a better version of Dempsey, which is a style of player that Hodgson likes - versatility.

It's strange, but you can also see where he is coming from. The spurs team rotates a bit much, which means he probably wont get many games. The Utd team is generally a normal system, where he probably wont be able to get games where someone is fit, whereas Liverpool in problems..possibly needing sales, and need to build a solid team - he'll probably get the regular football he is wanting. Plus he's a better version of Dempsey, which is a style of player that Hodgson likes - versatility.

How dare you come in here being all logical !! This is the Joe Cole hate thread, make your own thread if you want to talk sensibly about transfers ! :mad:

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom