** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive seen an even funnier one just now.........(from tribal so not sure the original source)

Chelsea fear Torres wants to go to Man Utd!!!!!

Thats made me giggle for a few minutes now - never going to happen for several reasons but still funny!!!

It's even funnier considering CA has already said we don't need another striker.

Not a bad move for J Cole moving to Liverspuds although bit mystified as to why he went there as he didnt want to leave london...i suppose with Arsenal and Spuds not offering him stupid wages that he wanted he had no choice but to go to Liverspuds.

Hope he does well there, was hoping that Arsenal would have snapped him up but in a way im glad they didnt...hes not worth £120k a week thats for sure.

The thing is Yossi Benayoun is content with sitting on the bench and gets on with the job without moaning whereas Cole keeps demanding higher wages after having the worst couple of seasons in his life.

As an impact player I'd much rather have Yossi.

More pace and better ball control than Cole.

Last edited:
The thing is Yossi Benayoun is content with sitting on the bench and gets on with the job without moaning whereas Cole keeps demanding higher wages after having the worst couple of seasons of his life.
I wouldn't say that Benayoun was content with sitting on the bench. In fact he was quite public about it in the past, and only recently he's come out mouthing off about his time under Benitez.

Whether or not his moan was merited doesn't matter, but your character estimations of Yossi seem a bit off :p

Doesn't necessarily mean he's injury prone, could just be out of favour. Last season for example he played in 26 premiership matches which is more than Deco, Essien, Mikel etc. He can't be coming on as sub if he's injured :)
I think the reason you were called up on it is that claiming "played just 28 games in the last 2 seasons" is a helluva lot different to only looking at Premiership starts.

Last edited:
Yeah - the point I'm making is that despite being 'injury prone' Joe Cole still managed 28 premiership games.

I'm not suggesting that he isn't injury prone, just that I don't think it is particularly fair to try and use number of Premiership games started in isolation as a guideline to a player's fitness. In my view appearances is far better (still not perfect) because it makes no sense not to count substitute appearances.

Take Theo Walcott for example, he joined Arsenal 4.5 years ago and in that time has started a grand total of 44 Premiership matches (average 10 starts per season). Injury prone? Well, he's had his share of injuries, but also there's the fact that he simply isn't good enough to be starting regularly for AFC ahead of Pires, Ljungberg, Hleb, Rosicky, Arshavin, Nasri etc etc. Hence he's also featured 42 times from the bench.

Last edited:
Can't complain too much with signing Cole. When you take into account the increased wage and signing on fee, we've in effect done a straight swap with Benayoun going the other way.

Regardless of Cole not being the player he was, he's still better than Benayoun and younger. The deal comes with a risk though when you consider his injury problems. Providing he stays fairly injury free, we've done a decent bit of business.
The thing is Yossi Benayoun is content with sitting on the bench and gets on with the job without moaning

Didn't Benayoun just give an interview where he moaned about not playing every week? :p

Its interesting how many people in here were saying how we should play Joe Cole in the england team because of what he has to offer etc etc, yet now when he isnt wearing a certain shirt anymore people are writing him off. The fickle nature of some fans I suppose who rate a player not by his attributes but by the colour of his shirt.

In bigger news...

132384386.jpg

I guess Money's Too Tight To Mention...

:o

Its interesting how many people in here were saying how we should play Joe Cole in the england team because of what he has to offer etc etc, yet now when he isnt wearing a certain shirt anymore people are writing him off. The fickle nature of some fans I suppose who rate a player not by his attributes but by the colour of his shirt.

That's because England had no better alternative.

Just because he's the best in/from England doesn't mean he's good enough to play every week for Chelsea.

Who is the best English keeper, are they better than Cech?
Who is the best English RB, are they better than Ivanovic/Boswinga?
Who is the best English combative midfielder, are they better than Essien?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom