** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because he's the best in/from England doesn't mean he's good enough to play every week for Chelsea.

Who is the best English keeper, are they better than Cech?
Who is the best English RB, are they better than Ivanovic/Boswinga?
Who is the best English combative midfielder, are they better than Essien?

Well its all a matter of opinion anyway, I just find it humorous that some people change their attitude towards a player just because that players shirt changes.

Its interesting how many people in here were saying how we should play Joe Cole in the england team because of what he has to offer etc etc, yet now when he isnt wearing a certain shirt anymore people are writing him off. The fickle nature of some fans I suppose who rate a player not by his attributes but by the colour of his shirt.

I was surprised he went in the first place considering how average he was last season, that's documented in here.
But after seeing Walcott in the friendlies it was clear that he wasn't as bad as him so pretty much had to go.

How is going to play left back for pool this year? And a good sign of liverpools chances this year is if they get rid of zonal marking for corners and the likes.

I'm not against the zonal marking myself, many teams use it and nobody complains about them using it. Also nobody complained about it when we used it and beat people, the whole zonal marking thing is something which the media latched onto as something to repeatedly harp on about as "proof" of what was going wrong (only it was only ever mentioned after something had gone wrong and not when something had gone right).

Personally I think there is a time and place for zonal and a time and place for MM, wouldnt like to see either option got rid of.

A player makes a mistake when zonal marking it's because of zonal marking. A player makes a mistake when man marking it's because of man mark...

...oh wait.

Zonal marking gets picked on because most commentators and pundits are too retarded to understand how it's used.

I'm not against the zonal marking myself, many teams use it and nobody complains about them using it. Also nobody complained about it when we used it and beat people, the whole zonal marking thing is something which the media latched onto as something to repeatedly harp on about as "proof" of what was going wrong (only it was only ever mentioned after something had gone wrong and not when something had gone right).

Personally I think there is a time and place for zonal and a time and place for MM, wouldnt like to see either option got rid of.

I agree with that. But benitez was so stuburn that he only did zonal and teams clocked on to it and the amount of goals conceeded later on was just to much.

who is going to play left back for pool this year? And a good sign of liverpools chances this year is if they get rid of zonal marking for corners and the likes.

'Zonal marking' was just a stick used to hit Benitez with. It never gets mentioned that other sides use it, nor is it mentioned that our record at defending corners was consistently one of the best in the league over the 6 years we used it.

I always remember the 5-1 game at St James Park where we conceded from a great cross and header and Andy Gray and his pet chimpanzee banged on about zonal marking. They failed to mention that we scored twice from corners, including a header from Hyypia where Newcastle had 2 players marking him, and without exaggerating, we could have scored another 4 goals from corners that day.

As for LB's; we've got no senior lb's at the club. Hodgson did say that signing a LB is his priority now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom