** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll move in a year or two. That is if he continues to perform. Though saying that if a big money offer arrives, and/or a club offers Champion's League football...

To be fair he's been brilliant for 2 or so years now, he's proven himself and his ability (besides a quiet'ish season with Werder iirc)

edit - I wonder if there are a few Liverpool fans disappointed with this news after last season's performances lol

Gerrard had a poor season last year, but it's insignificant against the many, many seasons that he been a hugely inspirational player.

This last year has been poor on the pitch and horriying off-it. Any player that didn't get affected and at least question their future would have been very niave.

Im certainly not dissapointed. I imagined it may be the time when he contemplated it most, -and would have thanked him and wished him well had he have gone.

I did think it was time for Liverpool to start rebuilding after the mess of a squad Benitez left. One idea would be to sell Torres/Gerrard to get 2/3/4 decent players in and make the squad look like contenders again, especially after the lacklustre seasons both of them had (form+injury). That said, I don't think Gerrard would pull in enough cash to provide for 2 or 3 players anymore.

What utter rubbish, he never went to those other london clubs because they didn't offer him

A Enough money
B A guarenteed starting place + A

He didn't go to Manu because they didn't want him.

If Arsenal had offered 120k per week he would have been off, If manu had offered him 90k per week and a starting place alongside rooney he would have ran there barefoot.

What about the fact he is playing with Torres and Gerrard maybe that had a factor over it.

yeah Eduardo's move to Shakhtar looks almost done and dusted... he looked a promising player prior to that injury, similar to Robbie Fowler, alas he never looked as sharp in front of goal after the double-break sadly. His link up play and passing always impressed me, even this season, but he doesn't have the strength for the Premier League and it did look like he was scared of going into contact since the incident, which isn't good. He'd probably be 4th choice now that Chamakh has arrived, so I guess whatever money we get for him is a bonus, and hopefully we can put it back where it's much needed: defence.

Agree with you about this season, his movement and touch were still first class this season but he lacked a cutting edge in front of goal and also seemed to lose a yard of pace. Horrible injury and it's stunted a very promising career and he will probably never reach the level he could have. Seemed like a truly nice chap too, really is a massive shame.

I don't want to spark another one of the unending which-player-is-better?-debates that we fill this forum with lol! :D

I don't think Eduardo ever got the chance to be as prolific or as proven a goalscorer as Robbie Fowler, but I do think that the player he used to be was similar: all left foot, excellent movement, and top finisher. :)

Was he really a top finisher though? He scored 2 blinders and one where everyone kept saying how composed he was but that was literally it that stands out. I don't think he was good enough in front of goal even before his leg break and never looked good enough for Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom