** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about Eduardo was that he was finally been given a run in the team and he seemed to be putting away nearly every chance he had for a few weeks. He wasn't exactly an established PL finisher (he was extremely deadly in Croatia and for Croatia but that will be dismissed because it isn't the Premiership lol) by the time of his injury but he was showcasing a lot of talent in putting away chances, which you'd assume he'd have continued had his legs stayed intact.

Seeing as we are selling Eduardo this means all the papers will assume we are in the market for another striker....
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6271263,00.html
You have my personal guarantee that by tomorrow some idiot working for a tabloid or blog will have taken that Sky Sports article (which incidentally contains absolutely NO information whatsoever) and turned it into ARSENAL IN FOR NICE HOTSHOT TOP SCOOP

<sigh>

It's very disappointing what happened to Eduardo, he looked to be that finisher our team has needed for so long. I think Fowler is a slight stretch, but he certainly was going there. Had he not broken his leg I genuinely wouldn't have been surprised.

The worrying thing now is to hope that this doesn't set a pattern. I'd be annoyed if we see nothing of Ramsey.

Seeing as we are selling Eduardo this means all the papers will assume we are in the market for another striker....
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6271263,00.html
You have my personal guarantee that by tomorrow some idiot working for a tabloid or blog will have taken that Sky Sports article (which incidentally contains absolutely NO information whatsoever) and turned it into ARSENAL IN FOR NICE HOTSHOT TOP SCOOP

<sigh>

Arsenal and Spurs are apparently chasing Connor Wickham as well

Sky are reporting that we're close to reaching an agreement with Rangers for Danny Wilson. They're reporting that a deal could be done tonight and he could head out to Switzerland tomorrow.

Have you got that in a link? I only read that he "expects" him to leave, not that he "will" be leaving.

He said it on SSN in an interview. BBC reported that some club offered Gallas £25k a week. So maybe he will stay lol

Would be nice if he did. Especially in our CB circumstance at the moment.

Sad to hear that Ed is leaving us probably tonight but he hasnt been the player he was since the injury. Hopefully he will rediscover his confidence at his new club.

That could suggest we might put in an offer for Remy if he is on the way out. Not that I know much about him.

I am hoping Wenger consentrates on CBs though.

Sky are reporting that we're close to reaching an agreement with Rangers for Danny Wilson. They're reporting that a deal could be done tonight and he could head out to Switzerland tomorrow.

Apparently £2 million up front rising to £5 million based on appearances. Have to say that I dont know much about Wilson, but to be honest I would rather that we werent spending any money , even £2 million, on 18 year old defenders at this point in time.

Apparently £2 million up front rising to £5 million based on appearances. Have to say that I dont know much about Wilson, but to be honest I would rather that we werent spending any money , even £2 million, on 18 year old defenders at this point in time.

Don't know much about him myself either but from what I've told he's the most promising player to come out of Scotland in a while (I know that doesn't say much). Maybe some of the our resident Scots could fill us in.

He supposedly can play RB too and it would explain the Kyrgiakos stories; an aging CB with questionable ability, replaced by a promising CB that can also cover RB.

Don't know much about him myself either but from what I've told he's the most promising player to come out of Scotland in a while (I know that doesn't say much). Maybe some of the our resident Scots could fill us in.

He supposedly can play RB too and it would explain the Kyrgiakos stories; an aging CB with questionable ability, replaced by a promising CB that can also cover RB.

Remember watching rangers disaster in europe and Wilson was the only player who could hold his head high after it, played exceptionally well and didnt look out of place in the first 11 at all.

The pressure of playing for a 'top' prem team has destroyed more then one promising youngster however.

If it's LB that he can cover (not rb) then it makes even more sense.

edit: and it's becoming more clear that Hodgson isn't handling our transfers; the Wilson deal has been in the pipeline for months and Hodgson said in an interview this morning that Gerrard spent time persuading Cole to take our offer during the WC, which is before Hodgson was appointed Liverpool manager.

Last edited:
If it's LB that he can cover (not rb) then it makes even more sense.

edit: and it's becoming more clear that Hodgson isn't handling our transfers; the Wilson deal has been in the pipeline for months and Hodgson said in an interview this morning that Gerrard spent time persuading Cole to take our offer during the WC, which is before Hodgson was appointed Liverpool manager.

Yeah apparently Liverpool made an offer back in April for him. Thats what they said on the radio.

Hodgeson said that he wasnt doing the transfers anyway when he was interviewed on SSN. Cant remember who he said was doing it. Someone beginning with P....

I've never seen him play either left back or right back, I suppose he could fill in at left back but certainly not on a full time basis in my opinion.

He might be a bit light for the premier league, a good player but also not clearly exceptional and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the grade.

I've never seen him play either left back or right back, I suppose he could fill in at left back but certainly not on a full time basis in my opinion.

He might be a bit light for the premier league, a good player but also not clearly exceptional and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the grade.

The head of the Rangers fan club said that he only started those games at rangers because they had no one else available. They have a £3m bonus if he plays for Liverpool X amount of times and he said that he didnt think Rangers would see that money any time soon.

Sounds like he is a potential for the future but he isnt going to be seen as a senior starter for a few years yet.

Apparently today we're the favourites to sign Balotelli, funny that because yesterday it was a done deal with City

Getting bored with this one now, hope City just sign him soon to put an end to it, I'd prefer we stick with Hernandez and Macheda anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom