** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently today we're the favourites to sign Balotelli, funny that because yesterday it was a done deal with City

Getting bored with this one now, hope City just sign him soon to put an end to it, I'd prefer we stick with Hernandez and Macheda anyway

Fergie also said that he was happy with his squad today. Can't see Utd buying anyone else, especially as he still thinks Berb can do a good job for them.

Apparently today we're the favourites to sign Balotelli, funny that because yesterday it was a done deal with City

Getting bored with this one now, hope City just sign him soon to put an end to it, I'd prefer we stick with Hernandez and Macheda anyway

Im surprised people want Balotelli considering most reports you hear about the bloke are that he is nothing but trouble. Talented but a complete pain to handle, he couldnt even get into the Inter team last year as Mourinho saw him as too much trouble to bother with.

As Joe Cole stats have been doing the rounds, I thought I'd throw this one into the mix. He has started 230 Premiership matches, and been substituted in 111 of them. Now to be fair if you are a 'luxury' attacking player like him, playing for a side like Chelsea who are likely to take the lead, there's a fair chance of him being subbed off (compared to the defence, vice-captain, holding midfielder, Drogba etc). But even so that's a fairly shocking stat!

Im surprised people want Balotelli considering most reports you hear about the bloke are that he is nothing but trouble. Talented but a complete pain to handle, he couldnt even get into the Inter team last year as Mourinho saw him as too much trouble to bother with.
You can't really blame him for all the trouble though. If he played in England where people generally don't bat an eyelid at the colour of a player's skin then I don't think he would be as volatile as he has been.

The head of the Rangers fan club said that he only started those games at rangers because they had no one else available. They have a £3m bonus if he plays for Liverpool X amount of times and he said that he didnt think Rangers would see that money any time soon.

Sounds like he is a potential for the future but he isnt going to be seen as a senior starter for a few years yet.

Thats a bit of a disservice to the boy to be fair, Bougherra was available after the African Nations but Wilson kept his place. He was very good when he played and I can only remember one bad error off the top of my head that he made all season.

In my opinion he would have benefited from another season or two with us, he would have had a good chance of playing some of the champions league games and certainly would have figured in the league. He will be nowhere near the Liverpool team as none of the top teams even give a sniff to a centre half who is under 20.

You can't really blame him for all the trouble though. If he played in England where people generally don't bat an eyelid at the colour of a player's skin then I don't think he would be as volatile as he has been.

Maybe so but he's not the first black player to play in Italy, George Weah seemed to handle the San Siro just fine and established himself as officially the best player in the world without courting much controversy. Also presumably given the fact that he's been linked to clubs playing in european competition he will need to be able to handle trips to eastern europe where he would no doubt get a helluva reception in comparison.

Very short sighted move from wilson, should have played with rangers for a few seasons as a first team player before moving on.

Agreed. I would have thought that he would have stayed on loan at Rangers for a season to get some more football. Its not like he is going to get a game at Liverpool this season by what i have heard. Never seen him play but he is very young to establish himself at a top 10 team ;)

Last edited:
seems a bit cheap even allowing for his lousy attitude

His wage demands haven't helped. He had all but been sold to one of the Moscow sides (CSKA iinm) for around £7m a few months back but that fell through because he wanted stupid money.

And not that it makes a great deal of difference but it's being reported everwhere else as 4+2m euros. Not seen any other mentions of sell on clauses though.

Maybe so but he's not the first black player to play in Italy, George Weah seemed to handle the San Siro just fine and established himself as officially the best player in the world without courting much controversy. Also presumably given the fact that he's been linked to clubs playing in european competition he will need to be able to handle trips to eastern europe where he would no doubt get a helluva reception in comparison.

AS someone said, a 27year old Weah, who played in several countries and was grown up before he went to one of the most racist countries around is one thing, Balotelli grew up in one of the most racist cities in Europe, having abuse hurled at him. He'd play for the youths, or reserves, score and get boo's and racist taunts thrown at him, its not the same thing, and almost everyone whose coached him, or been involved with him, manager, reporters, coaches, have said he's had more to deal with than almost anyone ever in Italian football, and he's a kid. People should really read up on him, he was given up by his parents(i think because he got ill) so an Italian family became his parents. After he got famous his actual parents tried to get back in contact when there was money to be had. LIkewise Italians treat him like he's only gotten the chances he got because he had a white family to bring him up, and his own clubs fans act like he just took up a spot in the youth team that a better young white player would have taken up.

Thing is he acts up a bit now, but thats more caused by racism and his treatment, he now seems to enjoy playing up to their hatred. Hard to feel that bad for a guy who makes millions a year doing a job he loves, but you can see how someone whose home and away fans most games chant "I hope you die" and "balotelli, a black **** " has a lot more to deal with than most.

AS for Eduardo, he was a truly excellent finisher, but since his injury, the biggest problem, and this is completely Wengers fault, is that he's never once been given a run of games, and the few games he's got half have been on the left wing, or in this ridiculous non working 4-5-1 where our strikers are isolated and given very very little of the ball and very little support.

Yes, he should go, for himself, if Wenger won't play him, whats the point in him staying. I think the second he gets a run in a team he'll be his old self after 5-6 games. Wenger has this habit of playing people only when theres injuries, and making it plain as day they won't stay in the team as soon as whoever is injured is fit, unless they scored 58 goals a game.

All these players look nervous, and under huge pressure to perform, without any match fitness or form. One cup game every 4-6 weeks doesn't create form. I don't know how many players we'll waste because Wenger refuses to rotate players, and insists on playing truly awful players instead.

Considering Eduardo looked promising in the few minutes he got, and Diaby, Denilson, Sagna, and a few others looked truly useless despite lots and lots and lots of minutes, I'd be ditching those that can't perform despite complete confidence, form, and having all the time in the world, not those that haven't had a chance at all.

Bendtner for 3 years has looked very promising, but nervous for the majority because he knows unless he performs massively, he'll be out. HE scored 16 goals or so in Champs league and the league, scored 1 and set up 2 against Barca, and the SECOND RVP was fit Bendtner was out, despite Bendtner being in form and RVP being unfit. Thing is, half our players play like it doesn't matter what they do, when Wenger decides on his first 11, everyone else is screwed and it just doesn't matter how they perform.

Last edited:
Considering Eduardo looked promising in the few minutes he got, and Diaby, Denilson, Sagna, and a few others looked truly useless despite lots and lots and lots of minutes, I'd be ditching those that can't perform despite complete confidence, form, and having all the time in the world, not those that haven't had a chance at all.

Bendtner for 3 years has looked very promising, but nervous for the majority because he knows unless he performs massively, he'll be out. HE scored 16 goals or so in Champs league and the league, scored 1 and set up 2 against Barca, and the SECOND RVP was fit Bendtner was out, despite Bendtner being in form and RVP being unfit. Thing is, half our players play like it doesn't matter what they do, when Wenger decides on his first 11, everyone else is screwed and it just doesn't matter how they perform.

Eduardo didnt look promising at all though with the chances he got. He missed easy shots without even hitting the target most of the time. There is a lot more importance on the striker too especially if you only have one striker.

I think its unfair to say its all Wengers fault. Despite your hate for him he is still our most successful manager and although you think differently he obviously knows what he is doing to get the results he does with his budget. He cant let players have extended runs in the first team if they arent producing the goods.

With Bendtner, I like him too but if I had the choice between him or RVP then RVP is going to win each time.

Don't know if it has been mentioned already but chelsea had an official bid (rumoured to be around £17mil) for neymar turned down by santos yesterday. He looks good but that's a lot of money for a 18 year old who's never played in europe. I guess when you compare it to the prices mentioned about aguero/torres then it's not so bad. :p Be interesting if we come back with a higher offer though...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6272250,00.html

This really needs to stop now. For Xavi to come out with some of this stuff, saying that if Fabregas stays he is only 'on loan' until next summer, and that Arsenal are delaying the inevitable.. It is so disrespectful and arrogant.

The whole thing really does reflect awfully on Barcelona. I used to have great respect for them but the club now just stinks of arrogance for me.

Xavi needs to learn some manners, even Guardiola himself has said the talk needs to stop and yet Xavi carries on with his little man crush on Fabregas. It's totally disrespectful and FIFA are doing sod all about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom