** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hodgson has said that Degen doesn't feature in his plans and is free to leave. Not really a signing which ever worked out but that's another full back , getting very light on full backs now.

I think he'll buy a LB. Don't think he'll buy a RB as Carra, Kelly, Darby and maybe Ayala can fill in, if needed.

Enjoying this no nonsense approach from Hodgson, just what we needed.

.....................Reina

Johnson....Carra......Srktel......Agger

.....................Masc

Joe Cole........ Gerrard............Jovanovic

.............Kuyt............Torres

or

.....................Masc

Joe Cole..Aquaman..Gerrard...Jovanovic

.....................Torres

Vs Arsenal i would expect Roy would want to play:

Kuyt..Mascherano..Gerrard..Jovanovic

..............J.Cole
.....................Torres

But i dont think Torres will be fit. so who knows.

Really hope Liverpool play with 1 defensive midfielder this season and not the unnecessary 2 against the lower end teams. 4-1-4-1 would be my preference as I think Aquilani can do more damage than Kuyt.

edit: Also saw in a Cole interview he wanted to play more central, wonder if Hodgson will use him that way?

People will slam the above teams, but aren't they on a comparable level with Arsenal/Manchester United?

Sort of, but they won't play that team more than 10 times this season and that's being optimistic, and their back-up's are not as good which is when they start to slide (replacing Torres with N'gog etc.)

People will slam the above teams, but aren't they on a comparable level with Arsenal/Manchester United?

Back 4 looks pretty weak compared to United and then going forward, without a fully fit and firing Torres, they're nothing on either, particularly Arsenal. Not as far off as people seem to be insinuating though.

I see Gallas is no longer on our squad list on the official site but Campbell still is. I wonder if that means he is going to stay.

Shame about the GK but I do hope that he buys some more CBs soon. Getting very nervous especially if one of them gets injured in the pre-season friendlies

If there was literally one position that absolutely needed back-up it was GK (and CB), both are still looking short. Hoping Wenger doesn't leave such glaring holes in the team like he has done going into the last few seasons. I swear Arsenal are always 1 or 2 decent signings away from being serious contenders nearly every year, I wish one year he'd just fill all the gaps and give it a go.

Maybe Wenger thinks someone like Nordtveit is ready to be a backup player, the lad's 20 now, but idk, I'd really prefer it if he bought someone a bit more experienced...

and not buying Handanovic...grrr anyone, please god anyone but our current keepers!

I think he'll buy a LB. Don't think he'll buy a RB as Carra, Kelly, Darby and maybe Ayala can fill in, if needed.

Enjoying this no nonsense approach from Hodgson, just what we needed.

True enough, dont think Kelly is quite ready for a huge number of matches but I have been suitably impressed with him enough that he can certainly chip in with a portion.

LB is definitely the next important hole to fill, I guess theres a few LBs around who could do a job for us in that position.

Maybe Wenger thinks someone like Nordtveit is ready to be a backup player, the lad's 20 now, but idk, I'd really prefer it if he bought someone a bit more experienced...

and not buying Handanovic...grrr anyone, please god anyone but our current keepers!

I think I would prefer the inexperience of youth than silvestra :p

I would like to see Nordtveit but I would have thought he would have been used in the pre-season friendlies if he thought he was ready. Did he use him against Barnet or going to use him tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom