** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berbs when with us was as important to team as anyone could be, hence him being one of few players guaranteed a start at the time. If he was fit, he was playing.

Berbatov being as important to Spurs as Fabregas is to Arsenal, is totally different to Berbatov being equally as good as Fabregas.

Such a shame about Eduardo. He was one of our hottest talents before his bad accident. Will never forgive Martin Taylor.

After the accident he's never been the same again. He was dreadful last season.

The Manchester United back four (/five) have done well... but I can't help but think that right back, Rio and the goalkeeper situation are potential weak spots

RE Rio , You have a valid point IF Vidic leaves (which wouldnt surprise me at this point, but isnt gaurenteed) - if he doesnt however then him and Jonny Evans are a great centre back pairing with Rio filling in when he is able to play (which doesnt seem to be frequently lol).

OShea is a reasonable player at RB, and hopefully Da Silva will get more games (esp EPL) to expand his experience which is whats lacking most currently.

VDS is one of the best goalie's in the league - he wont be able to carry on for much longer, but this season should be ok (yes I would love someone to be at the club to be fighting for the No1 jersey - as PIG will never get it - but that doesnt look like happening:mad:) PIG is a good understudy but I wouldnt rate him any better than that

I wouldnt say its obvious at the top of the EPL that any one club has a stand out back 5 thats better than anyone else - they all have their really great players and thier not so great players :)

I know they've now changed the squad list but up until an hour or so ago they were selling Jovanovic #10 shirts on the online store.

If anyone bought one of those shirts with the wrong number I expect they'll change it for them before they send it out, or give them a refund. I think the same thing happened the other day with Arsenal shirts when RVP and Vela changed numbers.

Hang on a second, is this THE Eduardo who would have won the league on his own in 2008 if he had been fit?

Yep. He was luring defenders into a false sense of security by pretending to be **** and was just about to show his Fowler esque finishing when he got injured. Shame really.

God damn it, what a shame we will not be graced by his lack of tracking back and mazy runs that lead to nothing.

Oh and his finishing prowess.

Hodgson confirmed that we're in talks with Olympiacos over selling Riera, and that's why he was kept on the bench today.

Olympiacos' manager said earlier that a deal had all but been agreed so I can only imagine it's stuff like how/when the money is paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom