** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few words from Eduardo, seems like a gent from what I've read. Really hope he does well, Shak-attack are awesome to watch so at least he'll be playing in an exciting team

I hope he does well with them, a stat I read on a blog this morning was that before he was injured he converted 23.5% of his shots in the Premier League before his injury in 2008, and only 6.3% after.

Nice little video, his last goal in that is amazing, it comes off the outside of his boot if you look carefully.

I hope he does well with them, a stat I read on a blog this morning was that before he was injured he converted 23.5% of his shots in the Premier League before his injury in 2008, and only 6.3% after.

On the flip side SSN were showing that in something like 37 games before injury he scored 17 goals and in 43 games since he's got 15 so the injury doesn't look like it effected him in that stand point

I agree with the majority though, he was nothing special before the injury and people are just pointing at the injury as since it everyone has realised how average he is :p

Before:
Appearances: 31
Starts: 22
Goals: 12
Games Per Goal: 2.58
Assists: 8

After:
Appearances: 36
Game Starts: 19
Goals: 7
Games Per Goal: 5.14
Assists: 5

Injury made a very telling difference. Hopefully will help people understand why Arsenal fans thought he was decent before the injury, also bearing in mind for the first few months he was shoved out wide, it was when he became more central he looked exciting. Pre-injury record is not bad at all for somebody stepping up to the Prem from the Croatian leagues, considering his assists too.

Probably won't stop the haters hating but whatever

Last edited:
Circumstances it appears really snowballed against the lad. Amongst those reasons you also had the fact we played just the one up front. When that happens the luxury of being able to give another striker the games he'd need to build up form is lost. Particularly also when we had either stronger, stockier or most importantly fitter options.

While also doing pretty well until the final home straight don't forget that we ground out a lot of games and/or scored very late on as well. Again, this eats into the potential time a striker lacking in match practice could be on the pitch.

Also like all players returning from long term injuries he got newer ones as a result.

His dive against Celtic wouldn't have helped either. Don't wanna dwell on it, but not for the first time last season the sheer bloody hypocrisy of fans and pundits alike really came out. :/

His dive against Celtic wouldn't have helped either. Don't wanna dwell on it, but not for the first time last season the sheer bloody hypocrisy of fans and pundits alike really came out. :/

Not that I condone diving in any way but wasn't it proven by an expert analyst that there was contact which led to him falling over at the hands of Boruc?

Yeah it was proven there was contact but the biggest reason they pulled the decision is because there were about 5 more dives in the 2 weeks after the Eduardo one and quickly UEFA and the public realised that they were only punishing Eduardo and not introducing a new rule so they just dropped it as even UEFA realised how retarded they sounded.

Fulham FC said:
On Thursday morning, following talks with Ajax, the Club can confirm that it has ceased negotiations for the release of Martin Jol from his contract with the Dutch Club.

Although Fulham had agreed personal terms with Martin Jol, Ajax were not willing to allow him to leave under any circumstances, and have held him to the terms of the contract he signed last summer.

When Fulham commenced negotiations with Martin Jol, the Club was informed that an exit clause existed in his contract with Ajax. Subsequent negotiations revealed that the clause was no longer valid and Ajax position remained steadfast in their desire to keep their manager, therefore dialogue between the two clubs has now ended.

Since Roy Hodgson indicated that he wanted to leave Fulham, a short list of potential managers was identified, and the Club is committed to ensuring that the right candidate is brought on board to continue the Club’s progress, in the soonest timeframe possible. The Chairman and CEO would also like to personally thank Ajax for their conduct throughout this very public process.

Ray Lewington will remain in charge of all First Team matters as caretaker manager and the Club would like to thank Ray, his backroom staff and all the players for their patience and professionalism ahead of the 2010/11 Barclays Premier League season.

I REALLY hope that doesn't indicate Lewington will stay in charge for the season, he's a good coach, but a **** manager. Surely we have to go for other targets.

Not that I condone diving in any way but wasn't it proven by an expert analyst that there was contact which led to him falling over at the hands of Boruc?

It wouldn't surprise me, purely because a dive at that stage of a tie and while we were very comfortably up 2-0 overall, by a player who until that point hadn't been associated with simulation, would dive.

As jakeke's said, it was a nice stance to take on paper but totally unworkable. Even for that incident, it turns out with closer inspection we're just not sure. In my opinion it's not 'that' common for fans and pundits to totally agree on any one incident, let alone with dives. A governing body or panel who'd look into dives will probably have disagreements too.

The end situation of course is that the lad just ended up being publicly smeared.

Last edited:
It was staggering the treatment he got from press and fans, we literally see dives every weekend and mostly from our English 'stars'. He actually got boo'ed in ensuing games. I literally couldn't believe the hypocrisy from the English media and fans but it's difficult to expect any more really.

If I remember rightly (probably don't :p) Ashley Young the very next night dived twice in one game and definitely got at least one penalty and NOBODY mentioned it, he isn't forren and doesn't play for Arsenal though

Edit - Just checked and I'm actually bang on :D 2 dives, 2 penalties (not joking) and nobody brought it up. Not in any newspaper reports.

Last edited:
Thing is, I agree Young has won penalties like that, but they are normally over exaggerating things, so not exactly a major foul to make you fall over. Eduardo would literally dive, some of them were pretty pathetic. Agreed that when English players dive it's normally not exactly mentioned. Gerrard etc :p

Eduardo? Really? Well I watch all Arsenal games and can't recall another, care to give me another few examples so I can check them out? Could be wrong. The only reason I ask is because I truly don't know what you're on about and also the media would definitely have been all over it

Can't remember who they were against, but he used to do it fairly often in the Premiership when he wasn't injured :p. Not saying he is the only one, hes not exactly the worst. He has done one of the worst dives though :p

Well I'm personally shocked and it's completely new to me, he wasn't known for diving and as far as I'm aware half of the ill-feeling towards the ban from Arsenal's end was that Eduardo is usually an incredibly fair player and that's why there was so much surprise.

A few stories coming out of Italy regarding somekind of Huntelaar/Babel swap deal. Not a huge Huntelaar fan but I certainly wouldn't say no to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom