** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
MoN apparently confirming he's expecting to lose James Milner before the start of the season.

If Roy wanted him he could raise £10-£12mill from Kuyt, Riera looking likely to fetch £4-£5mill and Yossi bringing in £5mill, we could combine that with his rumoured initial budget of £15mill and make a reasonable starting bid of around £17mill rising to £20mill. He's just what we need down the right hand side albeit slightly young.

I feel sorry for Villa and their fans, the way City abused them in persistently trying to sign Barry, and are now doing exactly the same thing with Milner. Looks like they have turned him though, and he is stating he wants to leave to try and engineer the move.

I guess we gooners know how it feels at the moment...

MoN apparently confirming he's expecting to lose James Milner before the start of the season.

At an alleged £30m he is vastly over priced to go with the fact he is vastly over rated.

He is versatile and good in most positions he plays but he is in no way a £30m player, £15m tops if he was not English and City were not interested.

Plus we have no money, in reality, without first buying a left back.

£30 million for James Milner. Stick him in Spain and he'd be an ordinary nothing player, just because he's one of about 5 English players who can control the ball does not make him a £30m player. £10m/£15m tops, and that's considering it's City who are buying.

What is it coming to.

They rejected a 20 million bid from City, there is no way anyone else will be interested in Milner at the price City are willing to pay.

I read this morning that City said they'd go to £25,000,000 but Villa won't drop their 30 mill price tag. It's only Milner, who do they think he is?!

Personally, I think he's better than Kuyt and i've heard that he'd be more inclined to accept a move to Liverpool than Man City, which suit in theory bring his price down a little bit (if he tells Villa he doesn't want to stay, which he's done).

Selling Kuyt and buying Milner would be a direct replacement and just makes sense in my eyes. Kuyt has just got back from the World Cup final, his name is known through-out Europe and he's currently at his peak in terms of his value and the financial income from a transfer to another club.

Milner is young, possesses more skill and is English. Simpleeeessss, get it done Roy.

I read this morning that City said they'd go to £25,000,000 but Villa won't drop their 30 mill price tag. It's only Milner, who do they think he is?!

When you consider Villa went for 30 odd million, even though he is much older but at the same time genuine world class then you can see why the top English clubs are inclined to buy foreigners.

Anything over 15 million for Milner is ridiculous in my opinion at 24 is he realistically going to get much better? I don't think so.

I'm not sure how selling Kuyt to raise ~50% of Milner's transfer fee makes sense.

We have no money and need to add players to our squad rather than sell Kuyt + 2 players to buy 1, who at best is only marginally better than Kuyt. Add to that, Kuyt's ability to play up front and on the right is invaluable when you've got a small squad (no point mentioning Milner being able to play CM because he'd never get a look in there for us).

The only thing going for Milner is his age and nationality but he's not worth anything like £20m, let alone the £25-30m that he'll end up going to City for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom