** Official Tekken 7 Thread **

Associate
giphy.gif

I quite enjoy the online component for the odd quick match! Kazuya has been my favourite since the original! People do have a tendency to quit while they're ahead though, especially if the match was a close call!

Soldato
Same for me, especially that characters like Asuka etc. and especially Kazumi have pretty safe moves with long range and insane recovery, the complete opposite of Jin. Asuka's parry stance lasts for a bloody second or so and if you hit her then she doesn't only parry the attack, she throws you with decent damage. When she started mauling me with that one combo I was done for. It's quite hard to read. Honestly, you have to be superhuman to be able to block so many varied moves of all the cheaper characters and find the gap to punish them.
I still have trouble with some Eddies as they're always all over the place. It's sad but Jin is useless in the hand of a non-expert and will be completely overpowered by many easier characters.

I use jack and his fast moves don't combo into anything so if they're in my face I have to wait for the right time then all I get is a jab lol.

Once I jab them away I can try and get some space then jack is good but he quite hard to use when they are on you.

Soldato
Hey if you guy's are trying to unlock items in treasure battle make sure you finish main story first so you get all the boss fights.

I done a few 100 treasure battles trying to unlock jacks stone parts before I got frustrated with it and looked up online why I wasn't getting them.

Now I finished story I'm getting boss fight about 1 in 15 matches before that it was around 1 in 50 matches.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I have done story mode and unlocked every video and art pieces with my FM :)

Not too bothered about the treasure stuff, it is like 99% silly stuff anyway.

Soldato
I have done story mode and unlocked every video and art pieces with my FM :)

Not too bothered about the treasure stuff, it is like 99% silly stuff anyway.

I don't use any of the silly stuff I like to try and make my characters look good and with jack-7 on this one all his good looking stuff is hidden away in rainbow chests.

At first I thought this version of tekken actually had less customizing than the last tekken I played but with this one having a full colour pallet edit there's a lot you can do.

here is screenshot of my main jack-7 costume I use
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....486/E3F28ABFF30907841E2C106CF220943F260DBDF9/

Soldato
OP
Haha. Awesome.

Was that amatsubu playing his Jin? Lol :p

Oh, you:p But no, I rarely charge in like that:p

I'd gladly play against Bishie, though, maybe I'd learn something about blocking and controlling myself during a fight.

EDIT: I also suggest trying Jin in actual online, you'll see how much work and control he requires compared to many characters:p Kazuya is like that as well but slightly more forgiving. I'm actually glad I've managed to win against so many Lucky Chloes, Claudios, Lees and Hwoarangs, feels quite good, even though it was unranked.

Last edited:
Associate
Oh, you:p But no, I rarely charge in like that:p

I'd gladly play against Bishie, though, maybe I'd learn something about blocking and controlling myself during a fight.

EDIT: I also suggest trying Jin in actual online, you'll see how much work and control he requires compared to many characters:p Kazuya is like that as well but slightly more forgiving. I'm actually glad I've managed to win against so many Lucky Chloes, Claudios, Lees and Hwoarangs, feels quite good, even though it was unranked.

Feel free to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jbishie/

Soldato
OP

Thanks, will do but I think I have to sort out my Steam account first...

I don't know why but it went bonkers two days ago and I can't sort it out, tried to log in now and it's giving me the "couldn't not connect to Steam network" error. Clearing download cache helps for a while and then it happens again... I've never had any problems like that.

EDIT: All right, it worked now after adding -tcp to the .exe in properties but it's incredibly sluggish. I must've waited a minute for it to log in...Have to find out what the problem is.

Added you, I'm in for a quick session now but will have more time in the evening.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Jin= Amatsubu right? Lol :D

I can't get over how much you like me:D

I haven't played Bishie yet but quite frankly he'd have serious trouble playing like that against any semi-competent Jin (not saying I'm one, of course). It's the exact same rushdown as previously and it's quite risky against more experienced players. Noobs like me might fall for it a couple of times as it's sometimes difficult to react while pressured but that's it:p

Associate
I can't get over how much you like me:D

I haven't played Bishie yet but quite frankly he'd have serious trouble playing like that against any semi-competent Jin (not saying I'm one, of course). It's the exact same rushdown as previously and it's quite risky against more experienced players. Noobs like me might fall for it a couple of times as it's sometimes difficult to react while pressured but that's it:p

I've played Tekken since the mid-nineties, but I've never taken it particularly seriously. I couldn't give a monkey's toss about the meta! I just included the highlight because it's flashy and fun.

Soldato
OP
Never said it wasn't:)

My first Tekken was 5 as I bought the PS2 close to the end of its lifetime so I'm practically a newbie but always lowed the series.

Back
Top Bottom