*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
I see I can still use quad9 DNS as well, but what are the different address lengths about, 2620:fe::11 and 2620:fe::fe:11

Think about an IPv4 address. 192.168.1.1 can also be expressed as 192.168.001.001 but we never bother with the leading zeroes.

It's similar with IPv6. 2620:fe::fe:11 can also be expressed as 2620:00fe:0000:0000:0000:0000:00fe:0011. The leading 0 in a group can be dropped so the fe in the 2nd group is actually 00fe. Double colons mean everything in the 'missing' groups are 0. 2620:fe::fe:11 only shows 4 groups so the 4 that are missing which are between the double colons are all zero so that expands out to 0000:0000:0000:0000.

IPv6 addresses do take some getting used to.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the information.
I'm at work at the minute so can't test anything, but should the WAN port be getting an ipv6 address, it's just blank. Tried restarting the DMSE.
I've set the main LAN to Ipv6 but left my VLANs alone as that option is greyed out for me.
Left it on auto which is SLAAC, no idea what the difference is with that and DHCPv6.

At work my phone gets a 10/10 using this test.

Is that the result I'm looking for at home?

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't know if the UDMSE will show an IPv6 address on the WAN interface in the GUI. I haven't got one and and stubbornly refusing to use the new UI in the UniFi Controller. Still calling it 'Controller' rather than 'Network Application' too. I don't see one shown in the web interface on my USG, just a v4 address.

If you SSH into the UDMSE and do 'show interfaces pppoe' do you see an inet6 address listed? Can you 'ping6 google.com'?

Ideally yes, you'd be wanting 10/10 on that test. That's what I'm getting.

Soldato
I don't know if the UDMSE will show an IPv6 address on the WAN interface in the GUI. I haven't got one and and stubbornly refusing to use the new UI in the UniFi Controller. Still calling it 'Controller' rather than 'Network Application' too. I don't see one shown in the web interface on my USG, just a v4 address.

If you SSH into the UDMSE and do 'show interfaces pppoe' do you see an inet6 address listed? Can you 'ping6 google.com'?

Well yes, I'm getting 10/10 at home, so I guess it's working. On the more info page it's green ticks all the way.

SSH, no idea how to do that.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
4.0.5 early access has been released for Dream Machines, which includes IPv6 fixes.

Code:
Overview

Bundled application

UniFi Network 8.1.127
Improvements
Improved application installation resiliency.
Improved memory allocation for Traffic Identification.
Improved Shadow Mode.
Updated HDD reference in push notifications, it will now refer to drives.
Bugfixes
Fixed IPv6 issues.
Fixed Suspicious Activity issues after reloading the service.
Fixed internet connection loss for setups that use DHCPv4 option 121.
Fixed the inability to delete users in the group side panel.
Fixed various touchscreen issues when Shadow Mode is configured/active.
Fixed stability issues for some GPON modules.
Fixed rare backup restore failure during the setup wizard.
[UDM] Fixed an issue with IPTV after enabling IGMP snooping.
[UDM] Fixed an issue where Wireless networks with special characters didn't broadcast after upgrading to 4.0.3.
[UDM-Pro-Max] Fixed incorrect RPS power budget.
Shadow Mode

Fixed inability to remove the shadow console after restoring a backup on the primary that didn't contain shadow mode configurations.
Fixed an issue where failover logs werent showing.
Fixed Suspicious Activity setting issues after failover.

Caporegime
Every time I come close to considering doing business with Ubiquiti they manage to put me off. I asked their support if they had a dimensioned drawing of the new U7 Wall Pro flush mount to get an idea of how much depth was required inside the wall, and they said they don't support unreleased products.

RSR

RSR

Soldato

It does but it is shown under Settings > Internet but it's not on the front page which is annoying.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Ubiquiti are reviewing my IPv6 issue, as it's clearly missing an option.

These are my settings in the new GUI, which are currently not working:

Settings > Internet

iNTTr2N.jpg

Settings > Internet > WAN1

jCKKOUM.jpg

Settings > Network > VLAN

1dyqiiY.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom