*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

It's quite cheap but if it was £100 more and had 5G and something better than Wi-Fi 4 it would be an interesting product. At the minute it's pointless unless you're all-in on Unifi across sites and want to connect a couple of things that are outdoors and in a different location.

Just purchased the Ubiquiti Cloud Gateway Ultra device but unfortunatley I am unable to get EETV IPTV Box working with the CGU. Has anyone got EETV that has got this device working. I have a thread over on Ubiquiti and also on the BT Forums where people have been trying to help but to no avail so far.

If anything just be aware that if you do have EETV IPTV and were thinking of getting a UCG it won't work currently.

Ubiquiti said this:

UI Support (Ubiquiti Help Center)

Aug 2, 2024, 11:27 MDT

Hello David,

Thank you for your patience on this case.

The current setup won't work if the IPTV content is provided over PPPoE by the ISP because NET (network application) doesn't allow using the underlying physical interface when WAN is PPPoE.

We regret not being able to fully resolve your issue, but based on our correspondence, we've determined there is no further action that can be taken. Thank you for your feedback and support of our products.

Ensure that IPTV Streaming (IGMP Proxy) has been enabled and has a network assigned to it under the internet settings

GnFnMS3.jpg

Ensure that IPTV Streaming (IGMP Proxy) has been enabled and has a network assigned to it under the internet settings

GnFnMS3.jpg
Yes, tried that as well as the IGMP Snooping. Also tried creating a separate VLAN for IPTV and enabling IGMP Proxy etc on there but still wouldn't work.

A mate lent me a ER-X Router and set it up for IPTV and it works perfectly so it is definitely a limitation of the CGU and EETV.

Could you go back on your support case and ask them to make a feature request for you? It shouldn't be impossible to fix whatever is building the config to use the PPPoE interface.

Could you go back on your support case and ask them to make a feature request for you? It shouldn't be impossible to fix whatever is building the config to use the PPPoE interface.
Ok, I have gone back and asked if it can be made a 'feature request'. Ill see what they say and let you know.
Thankyou.

No idea, just unpacked it after the move and doesn't power on. PoE or mains adapter, I have another which works fine via those methods so definitely not the power source.
Did it get bashed about during the move? Open it up and have a look inside for anything obvious.

How hard is it to configure a vpn for the udm dream machine se or pro max? I’ve got a multigig fibre router need that will let me configure a sublan for devices that I want specifically on a third party vpn (protonvpn).

I figure it must be doable but I can only find some old articles.

Last edited:
How hard is it to configure a vpn for the udm dream machine se or pro max? I’ve got a multigig fibre router need that will let me configure a sublan for devices that I want specifically on a third party vpn (protonvpn).
Very easy, but usually depends on how easy it is to get the credentials from the VPN provider.

Are vpn creds different to what you’d log in to their app with?

Can I do it specifically for certain vland devices?
The credentials to log in aren't the same as configuration files. With NordVPN as an example. they give you config files for OpenVPN, but for Wireguard it's not as straight forward. Mullvad make it much easier. I haven't tried many other providers and I get NordVPN for free and it does what I need it to do. However OpenVPN is much slower than Wireguard, so I don't use it for anything that needs high bandwidth, I'll pay Mullvad for that when required.

You can do policy based routing, as an example you can create a rule for a specific client, VLAN, or all traffic to go via the VPN. Or you can set it up for certain traffic. Or a combination of both.

I have certain traffic going over a NordVPN as VM block certain websites.

I also run a Wireguard server on my UDM-SE, and I have my phone set so that when it's not on my home wifi, it will connect back home giving me secure access to home devices, allows me to watch iPlayer when abroad, and stops traffic sniffing on public WiFi networks etc.

Sounds like what I'm after - I've got a firewalla running wireguard at home to my phone and laptops but want something in France for both mine and the in laws house, so was considering setting up something between three Unifi Dream Machine SEs (for the multigig wan ports as we're on 2.5Gb fibre in Franceand will be next year in the UK) for the sake of ease. Mullvad seems decent and if the speeds are good I'm happy to pay for it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom