*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Why oh why are the RJ45 limited to 2.5gb, with a price tag like that the RJ45 should be up to 10gb capable as well.

I would guess that fibre is the preferred delivery method for most services which are 10Gb+

However, you can also grab a UACC-CM-RJ45-MG if that's required.

But can it do PPPoE? :D
PPPoE works fine after the fix :D

I think I have posted what I found around that with the flow control causing negative performance, I need to follow up with UI on that one as they said the fix would be rolled into upcoming releases.

Dammm that unit has some power... cue the Clarkson power meme

Hardware
Processor18-core ARM® v8.2 at 2 GHz
System memory16 GB DDR4 DIMM
Management interfaceEthernet
Bluetooth
Networking interfaceLAN:
(1) 25G SFP28 port
(2) 10G SFP+ ports
(1) 2.5 GbE RJ45 port

WAN:
(1) 25G SFP28 port
(1) 2.5 GbE RJ45 port

edgerouter lite up and running.
erl-gfast.jpg

seems to hit full line speed and cpu usage peaked at 51%
odd i thought i was supposed to enable some offloading etc to get full speed.
working good though.

port forwarding seems to be tricky need to play around some more here.
also want to get vpn server running so when im away from home can remote into the network

Is anyone aware of or had any issues with Flex Minis? I've got one that was working absolutely fine with no issues until yesterday when it dropped off the network. It's powered by PoE so I initially thought the cable had somehow gone wrong but a cable tester confirms it's fine. The Flex Mini is actually on when powered by PoE but it seems that's no data is being transmitted. The Switch Lite it's plugged into says that it's disconnected.

Anyways, just checking the OCUK hive mind before I head out into the Google wilderness.

Is anyone aware of or had any issues with Flex Minis? I've got one that was working absolutely fine with no issues until yesterday when it dropped off the network. It's powered by PoE so I initially thought the cable had somehow gone wrong but a cable tester confirms it's fine. The Flex Mini is actually on when powered by PoE but it seems that's no data is being transmitted. The Switch Lite it's plugged into says that it's disconnected.

Anyways, just checking the OCUK hive mind before I head out into the Google wilderness.

Yep. I've got 10 or so of them sitting on a shelf that do the exact same thing.

Hmmm... I suppose I should've tried this straight away but I was busy checking cabling and whatnot. I reset the Mini Flex and it's come back up and pushing data around as it should. Hopefully it'll stay up.

Well this is odd, was cleaning out the shed and came across an edgerouter 4. I was like ??? I just bought a edgerouter lite and didn't even know I had a 4 lying around.
Plugged it in and updated it's firmware and all good.
Looks like it had my old virgin media setup on it so must have gone away with it when I switched to Vodafone city fibre and used Vodafone router since it had decent WiFi built in too.
Is there going to be any benefit for a home user using edgerouter 4 over a lite?

Howdy team. Quick q if you wouldn’t mind, but we moved house end of Q1 and I’ve still not bothered to install my APs properly. Before I do, is it worth me upgrading?

I’ve got two AP AC lite, and an AC mesh for the garden.

I was thinking one on the upstairs landing, one downstairs hallway. Internal area is 1600ft roughly.

Or perhaps would there be a better AP which could run solo on the upstairs landing?

Righto guys, so managed to finally route a cable out and up and into the loft. Got the ac lite mounted and it’s fine. I’m getting the itch though.

What would be the best bang for buck upgrade over it? I’m currently powering from my US8-60 so something compatible with that.

Thanks all.

You might as well go for something from theU7 range, particularly if its going to be a main access point. Buying WiFi 6 when WiFi 7 is rolling out feels 'wrong' to my nerd brain, assuming for PoE switch can power it.

Last edited:
Thanks @b0rn2sk8 , it can’t but that shouldn’t stop me. Where the PoE switch is I can just buy and mount an injector and pop it there. TBF, the switch is only powering that and eventually when I remount the one in the garden so I’m not fussed.

Last edited:
Annoyingly one of my Aruba APs seems to have died during the house move so I've decided to join the Unifi bandwagon! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom