*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

All the YouTube videos I watched before I bought and set up my Ubiquiti bits made it look so simple and straight forward but the reality wasn't.

No one in their videos had to reboot the broadband hub, in modem mode, as it might not feed internet through to the CGU. I did after several minutes wondering why my CGU screen was saying no internet when it was clearly plugged in.
No one in their videos had an issue with setting up their Gateway through a browser. For some reason mine wasn't playing ball but I could "activate" it via the app in the end, then I went back to a browser and it was all working.
No one in their videos had an item not adopt first time. My 8 port PoE Lite didn't want to adopt and took several tries.

Either they're all very lucky or I'm just a little unlucky. All's good now though.

Last edited:
All the YouTube videos I watched before I bought and set up my Ubiquiti bits made it look so simple and straight forward but the reality wasn't.

No one in their videos had to reboot the broadband hub, in modem mode, as it might not feed internet through to the CGU. I did after several minutes wondering why my CGU screen was saying no internet when it was clearly plugged in.
No one in their videos had an issue with setting up their Gateway through a browser. For some reason mine wasn't playing ball but I could "activate" it via the app in the end, then I went back to a browser and it was all working.
No one in their videos had an item not adopt first time. My 8 port PoE Lite didn't want to adopt and took several tries.

Either they're all very lucky or I'm just a little unlucky. All's good now though.
Were you trying to do too much all at the same time? Guess much smoother of you just do one bit of hardware at a time. I made sure the UDM SE was all sorted and updated before I start connecting the APs and switches.

Were you trying to do too much all at the same time? Guess much smoother of you just do one bit of hardware at a time. I made sure the UDM SE was all sorted and updated before I start connecting the APs and switches.

No, I actually went one item at a time even though the odd video I watched that connected everything at once had no issues. End of the day they were minor hassles in that were not difficult to overcome.

Back
Top Bottom