*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

I have but my reolink Cameras will not show up. I think I will just replace them all with Unifi G5 Turret cameras
Presumably they don't support ONVIF users properly, or it's an issue with Protect, I suppose it's still very early days.

Not yet, however i've got the UDM SE and also a Reolink NVR. If it works nicely then it'd be nice to get rid of the NVR
Technically, i'd have thought you should be able to use both, as the ONVIF user you set up should be able to co-exist with your NVR taking it's stream, after all, Protect is just taking events from the camera at this stage via ONVIF and not actually handling the processing for the stream as I understood it.

Presumably they don't support ONVIF users properly, or it's an issue with Protect, I suppose it's still very early days.

Technically, i'd have thought you should be able to use both, as the ONVIF user you set up should be able to co-exist with your NVR taking it's stream, after all, Protect is just taking events from the camera at this stage via ONVIF and not actually handling the processing for the stream as I understood it.

Cheers, will see how i get on when it rolls into production

Ok for anyone trying the UDM SE, whilst overall I'm impressed and happy to have moved to it (although I do miss my firewalla a bit), I put a hard drive in for Protect and it is noisy. I can certainly hear it.

Full disclosure its a fairly old hard drive I stuck in for now, but even so I'll be looking to move to an NVR that I can put in the garage/loft asap :joy:.

Last edited:
Ok for anyone trying the UDM SE, whilst overall I'm impressed and happy to have moved to it (although I do miss my firewalla a bit), I put a hard drive in for Protect and it is noisy. I can certainly hear it.

Full disclosure its a fairly old hard drive I stuck in for now, but even so I'll be looking to move to an NVR that I can put in the garage/loft asap :joy:.
Had my SE for a good while now and love it. HDD being noisy is hardly the fault of the Router. Mines an old WD Green drive. Im wondering if a 2TB SSD would work.
Mines under the stairs at the minute, my NAS is louder. Probably going to move it to the garage eventually.

What firewall stuff are you missing, it does everything I need.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom