****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Permabanned
Skill based MM has to be the next thing now... I played in the beta so i have been back this last year solid i think i play most nights and skill based mm would make my life a lot better.

Im 4800PR roughly but i do not play Russian bias tanks and since i game back its all new to me so im learning again and when i tried skorpion g practice on random to learn someone with 3k pr drove from base hit me in the rear with arty killed me and went blue then proceeded to question my skill in chat.

In chat i was subjected to peadophilia talk, kidnapping talk, holocaust talk and threats lol you know me and my mate both agree and both platoon with beta badges this game is THE most toxic game out there and its still not really had a MM fix to solve it. You get entire teams of bots also with 3k personal rating leave an entire flank open or basically abandon you in game. I will be on later to see for myself but really its a damm shame the state of the MM compared to say Overwatch matchmaking.

Soldato
I was grinding up to the Maus but just could'nt be bothered to play to be honest.

There is also a new marathon starting on the 5th of April for the new tier 8 USA TD. Might give it ago.

Hopefully the new matchmaker tweaks will help with being in tier 10 games all the time.

Heh another marathon.

Until last year those marathons were scarse, once every blue moon. Last 6 months we had 3. And given that even myself is reduced to 1-3 battles per week, without premium account since Xmas (run it from July 2011 non stop) explains a lot about the state of the once great game tbh.

If they want increase player numbers they just need to make the game more fun.

Being endlessly stunned
Being endlessly penned by gold firing wallet warriors
Being subjected to corridor maps
Being subjected to premium powercreep
Being bottom tier due to stupid 3/5/7 mm

The sad thing is that there are obviously constant ego battles going on inside Wargaming and I think marketing have far too much power for the longevity of the game. I still remember MM being good for a week or two when 3/5/7 was first introduced, but some bright spark in WG ****** it up overnight by insisting that 3/5/7 needed to be more frequent rather than 5/10 and 15. It screwed it up and has taken them over a year to do anything when they could have just rolled it back and although it may not have been perfect, it was better that we have been subjected to.

WG also want to be considered for E-Sports, but the +/-25% RNG is far too high for a competative game, but they insist the RNG is fine as it is.

I agree with pretty much all your other points though, though I prefer corridors to maps being far too open as where are you supposed to go in a Heavy tank without some cover? The best maps would have good places for all classes to go though.

Associate
Premium Accounts are being tweaked in the very near future: -

World of Tanks Premium Account: Friendlier, Handier, Easier!

The one stand out feature for me would be the ability to exclude maps, 1 with a standard account, but the ability to exclude an extra one if you have a premium account.

First on my list will be Ensk!! Horrible map in general and one which is far too small for the larger tanks/tiers (6+) After that I'm not too sure, but very likely one of the other small ones or even Paris.

I might be missing something here, but with the new feature 'Reserve Stock' why not just payout the additional 10% upon the result of the game? :confused:

I agree with their view of Platooning, don't do it at all these days but previously used to and it certainly can help with grinds, be that for a line, XP or Credits. In addition it can make playing in general more fun and rewarding if you have others who you can rely upon, helps make the game a little less toxic IMO.

Associate
I think the credit vault will be the way of highlighting the credit benefit of Premium account, as now it is kind of lost as you get the credit and XP bonus automatically each game, it kinda goes under the radar.

Only exclude 2 maps? Hell there are at least 5 I hate to play:
1.) Paris
2.) Minsk
3.) Pilsen
4.) Fisherman's bay
5.) Glacier
6.) Mines ( on anything tier 4 and above)
7.) Ensk
8.) Himmelsdorf
All terrible maps and I would gladly have them deleted or exclude them .

I have lost the appetite to play for now, avoiding the latest crud tank marathon like the plague.

Associate
The new premium daily missions for bonds starts alarm bells off for me.

Its sort of way to buy bonds, obviously you have to put the game time in for the mission but it does give the paying player an advantage.

Associate
I think the credit vault will be the way of highlighting the credit benefit of Premium account, as now it is kind of lost as you get the credit and XP bonus automatically each game, it kinda goes under the radar.

Only exclude 2 maps? Hell there are at least 5 I hate to play:
1.) Paris
2.) Minsk
3.) Pilsen
4.) Fisherman's bay
5.) Glacier
6.) Mines ( on anything tier 4 and above)
7.) Ensk
8.) Himmelsdorf
All terrible maps and I would gladly have them deleted or exclude them .

I have lost the appetite to play for now, avoiding the latest crud tank marathon like the plague.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd certainly opt to exclude more than 2. If you choose to play the dreaded 'Arty' excluding city/urban maps would be a god send. I can't for the life of me see why WG insist of having arty in a Himmelsdorf game?

I'm sure WG have thought of this, but you can only hope it slipped them by... How will the exclusion work for a Platoon, they've probably done it so it's only the Platoon Leader who's exclusions apply, but it would be rather good if all the exclusions from the three in platoon was applied.

The new premium daily missions for bonds starts alarm bells off for me.

Its sort of way to buy bonds, obviously you have to put the game time in for the mission but it does give the paying player an advantage.

Hasn't it been pay to win for a very, very long time now, even with bonds excluded?

Associate
Hasn't it been pay to win for a very, very long time now, even with bonds excluded?

Very true, was much better when the premium tanks were just a little worse than the standard tier counterparts.

Every time you look at the home page its just blatant money grab for everything.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
[QUOTE="Hasn't it been pay to win for a very, very long time now, even with bonds excluded?
Sadly, yes :([/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, the accountants seem to have taken over WG several years ago, and pretty much everything is driven by the desire to extract as much dosh as possible from their player base.
Such a shame, as let's face it, it looks brilliant, is amazingly playable, and runs well even on old hardware.

Such an opportunity missed from a gaming perspective. Imagine if they'd actually focused on gameplay, as against cash grab for the multiplayer, or had worked on genuine historic battle recreations. For that matter, I often wondered whether they could have created a single or coop player campaign, again focused on real battles, where they could have recreated Kursk, but on a bigger scale, parts of the Battle of the Bulge, the African campaign, or the 67' Arab/Israeli conflict.

Associate
Such an opportunity missed from a gaming perspective. Imagine if they'd actually focused on gameplay, as against cash grab for the multiplayer, or had worked on genuine historic battle recreations. For that matter, I often wondered whether they could have created a single or coop player campaign, again focused on real battles, where they could have recreated Kursk, but on a bigger scale, parts of the Battle of the Bulge, the African campaign, or the 67' Arab/Israeli conflict.

Totally agree, about the accountants having hold, or rather the investors.

What you go on to describe would be great, and worth paying for in it's own right, but alas an opportunity lost, not just with that idea but with many other things WG fail to see past the cash. I can just imagine a development/ideas meeting and the final question coming from the management, but where/how do we make money from it?

Soldato
If you have Twitch Prime you can claim a free Tier VII King Tiger premium and some other goodies ! valid until June something !

It has bad alpha and armour so don't get too excited ;)

King-Tiger.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Tiger 1 is great, but you can't play it as a heavy.

But this King Tiger is a worse Tiger 2 a tier lower. Utterly pointless. People will just load gold and go through the front. And learn to go through the turret with standard ammo.

So if the armor doesn't work. You'd be better in Tiger 1.

I'm on the E75 with the stock turret. It's gets penned by everything. I'll admit I'm not good enough to play at T9 but also too much gold being fired for me to compete with. I have to play it like a support td.

For me the Tiger 2 is a piñata no matter what tier I'm in. I expect the King Tiger will be the same

Soldato
In Quickybabys video everyone was shooting him in the hull. Once loads of people have it they will all shoot it in the turret.

The twitch thing is a joke.

Associate
Played the King Tiger once, was top tier and never came across the heavy tank on the opposite team, but the thing still got penned by everything apart from a Leopard spamming premium rounds. Every shot damaged a new module. So I've resigned it to the garage until I feel like punishing myself even more.

On the flip side I've had some half-decent games today. I got the Object 268 (not the OP one, but I still like it) a couple of weeks ago and have been doing reasonably well in it, last game I played it did 5K damage plus some assisting, I just drive the thing around like any other tank rather than sitting at the back and it seems to hold up decently enough. Started playing the T-10 again to get the Object 277, I'll see how long it takes for me to get annoyed with it this time because it was getting ammo racked for fun back when I was grinding for the IS-7.

Back
Top Bottom