****** Official World of Warships Thread ******

Soldato
The new update and the reorganisation of the Russian DD line feels a bit odd but if it gives me a free ship, slot and pre skilled Captain who am I to complain ;), already intensely dislike the new map Haven :mad:

Soldato
Ranked games are doing my nut at the moment.

Currently sitting at rank 7 and every single game is cringe worthy.

Either you choose a BB and it's a 4v4 or 5v5 DDs fest, you need smoke (when using Atlanta) and your friendly DD's forget what smoke is or you have BBs baiting cruisers and then whinging that everyone is dying so fast.

I'm not the best player by any means but even still, having to rely on your team to actually do their job is frustrating.

Soldato
Tier 5 is making me Rage. Impossible to grind xp in any volume as every single game I'm thrown into a match with tier 7 ships that just murder me. I'm consistently primary target, outgunned, outranged and out tanked.
How in earth did the devs come to the conclusion that this was a good idea? What's wrong with not allowing anyone to face more than 1 tier in either direction?

It's really putting me off trying to progress any further with the game.

Soldato
I don't remember T5 being a chore..

The last few updates MM seems to increasingly throw Tier V in against Tier VII, there's quite a bit of complaining about it in various places.

Anyway my premium has run out this month so I'm taking a break from it as I have been becoming increasingly WoTraged over the last few weeks ;)

Soldato
The last few updates MM seems to increasingly throw Tier V in against Tier VII
I don't get how despite the complaints no-one seems to really be giving a good explanation for it. Generally speaking being a tier 5 in a tier 7 game you are basically guaranteed to be primary if you get up close as you're so squishy, or you just stay away never get into range and have no chance of getting any kills and doing damage to get XP.
It's a real shame, there are some nice tier5 ships from what I've seen that will never be enjoyable to use because of it.

Last edited:

Si.

Si.

Soldato
Ranked games are doing my nut at the moment.

Currently sitting at rank 7 and every single game is cringe worthy.

Either you choose a BB and it's a 4v4 or 5v5 DDs fest, you need smoke (when using Atlanta) and your friendly DD's forget what smoke is or you have BBs baiting cruisers and then whinging that everyone is dying so fast.

I'm not the best player by any means but even still, having to rely on your team to actually do their job is frustrating.

What is the point of ranked games? I know you can get your rank higher, but is there a reward for doin it? is it worth the effort?

Soldato
need to play t5 on weekends. in evenings its almost always t7
Is that just down to more players meaning lower chances of playing against 2 tiers above?

Had a great match in the Kaiser last night despite it being a mixed tier4/5 game and being let down by a lame team with 2-3 people who just hid away at the far side of the map avoiding getting involved...
86k damage, 2 defends, a cap, 6 citadels and 5 kills. Was fun deleting some cruisers in it!

Caporegime
Could be yes. More people to find games for.
I really don't like going above t7
When my t7 gets in with t9s it's scarey. Rarely early morning....

It's nice sinking them though sometimes.

Caporegime
I got to t8 again and i just realised how little fun this game is when you are bottom of the matchmaking facing premade groups of well-made organised players.
Ive done it now in a few shillings over multiple accounts and each time I swear not again but always do.
I think I'm gonna stick to tier 5. It's sometimes challenging sometimes seal clubbing....

Qel

Qel

Associate
So, after space battles and bathtub mode what we get for April fools this year is a sub that is completely useless.

Thanks wargaming....
From what I've read the sub will disappear but the port slot will remain so... not much but not all bad :)

Si.

Si.

Soldato
I got to t8 again and i just realised how little fun this game is when you are bottom of the matchmaking facing premade groups of well-made organised players.
Ive done it now in a few shillings over multiple accounts and each time I swear not again but always do.
I think I'm gonna stick to tier 5. It's sometimes challenging sometimes seal clubbing....

I agree totally with this.. the higher a tier I get the less fun it is.. I'm on T8 and it's painful.

Soldato
I did like the April Fools blog post with the Czech navy yesterday. :D
https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/weve-got-our-priorities-straight/

- Aquaphobia option added in menu: all water graphics and references to ships and naval terms will be disabled.
- Phonetic spelling mode added to ease the pronunciation of Polish and Russian ship names.

Not hit tier 8 yet, still working through them but finding most things quite frustrating since getting to tier 4 and upwards. Fighting against 2 tiers above you really sucks, plus it seems to happen a high percentage of the time which doesn't really make any sense to me. I am atleast having a better time in the Cleveland than I did in the Omaha on the cruiser line, I've given up on the Jap destroyer line at t5, it's just too frustrating to play when literally the only thing you can do is hide and fire slow moving torpedos once a minute. Sounds like the Russian Destroyer line is a little more fun to play as so may try it out some time.

Caporegime
Maybe they are but its quite a lot of effort for a casual player like me to finally make it up to t9. Not to mention a hell of a lot of silver, which frankly isnt acheivable without incredible luck in containers or a subscription and hours of Massive dps.

ive got 100k Gold Star XP, i forgot the name, Free XP ? SO i could actually get to the neptune in a month lol..... But meh why bother !

I think the micro transaction cost in this game is frankly sick... But its very very easy to F2P it at T7 and below.. Thats why im biased a bit too.

Back
Top Bottom