****** Official World of Warships Thread ******

Soldato
Indeed, some of the bonuses and free stuff they give out during their anniversary celebrations are great. Who can grumble at free Super Containers and a ton of flags!

Plus that Royal Navy event and the DDs coming up look great, they really have been hitting it out of the park.

Last edited:
Associate
We’ve redid the clan bonuses for NORKS last night. (WG revamped the system).

We’ve done the first few levels for most things and pushed some others a bit higher.

Associate
Just unlocked the Bismarck and I'm in love. Luckily have a 16 point captain so secondary rang over over 11km with manual secondarys is godly. Managed to cit a tirpitz in my first game which was a bonus. Hoping to grind out to the GK but I've not heard good things about freddy and should free xp past her?

Soldato
Honestly I wouldn't bother, the Bismarck is the best ship in that line and going further for me at least resulted in a lot of frustration. I stopped at the tier 9 and wished I hadn't of bothered as its a lot of credits and there are better ships at that tier imho. You do need to be fairly skilled to do well in the higher tier German BBs and you see a lot of them played poorly. I'm saving my free XP for other ships, sure the tier 10 looks good and I've also heard good things but personally there are better places for the free XP to go imho. I bring out the tier 9 on 200% days and such to progress it slowly but its rarely enjoyable, some of that is to do with my skill level, some of that is to do with the MM and ships you go up against.

For me at least the biggest problem with the German battleships at tier 9 and 10 is they are brawlers but without support when you get into secondary range more than likely your team mates in random will just leave you to get focused down. This is less of an issue at the lower tiers because the players tend to be less knowledgeable or at least less coordinated. They also might be hard to citadel but they take a ton of AP damage regardless.

So if you have free XP for days sure, but personally I'd put it elsewhere.

Associate
I stopped at the Bismarck.

Considering I have over 2mil free xp I wouldn't even comprehend spending it on the T9/T10 German BB's as they hold little interest to me.

Associate
Freddie is poor for the tier, not really any better than the Bismarck to be honest.

Grosser Kurfürst is better - probably averagish for a T10 BB. Decent guns, hit points, hydro and secondaries mean it can be effective. However it is the largest ship in the game - easy to hit even for ships with bad dispersion.

Soldato
I love my Großer Kurfürst, it's great at area control with nothing wanting to come near it with the secondaries. The only issue with it is that your team needs to support you as well as it can't carry a game by it's self.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
Hi,

So with the British DDs coming out this week what are peoples thoughts? I've got some via the quests (T5-6), but the higher tiers with damage repair party look VERY good.

Soldato
The lightning is a lot of fun! Looking forward to unlocking Jutland next. Their speed isn't great but the guns more then make up for that, I think these are the Dd's that best suit my play style

Back
Top Bottom