****** Official World of Warships Thread ******

Associate
For anyone interested, as part of the recent Strategy Bundle, Humble currently have the following for World Of Warships,

FREE Humble exclusive for World of Warships!

World of Warships lets you experience epic naval combat like never before. Get these Humble exclusives for new players:
  • Exclusive Flag and Camo
  • 250 Doubloons
  • 3 days of Premium Account time

Soldato
Ohhhh man I love aircraft carrier drivers who don't know their opponents :)

I just had my boat described as 'best in game' and the enemy CV asked how he could get one. I can't say I'd describe her as 'best ship in game' but I did enjoy this little fight :)

2B9Hm68.jpg

Yep, that's Kraken right there. In the most paper cruiser in the game! :D :D

Soldato
Is this the candidate for worst team ever to win against and they had 5 ships left ? Match was over in like 4 minutes. I ended up with 0 damage caused and coming mid table. I captured A then just circled. A Cruiser and 3 BB's came at us (me and 2xbb) The 2 BB's destroyed one of theirs then they hightailed it and ran !

fyq3gz.jpg

Soldato
It happens sometimes, but just take it on the chin and move on.
It helps to division up with 2 others. If 3 good players are in a division they can often carry the game especially at lower tiers

Soldato
It's a shame when they "improved" the matchmaker they didn't bother doing it for ranked

Just had a game with 2 radar cruisers and a hydro DD vs no radars and only 1 hydro cruiser....

Is it really that difficult for the MM to see there's 2 radar ships and put 1 on each team ?

Soldato
Hopefully they will do that eventually ie. Mirror radar ships but I very much doubt it will ever happen.

WG seem to be lazy with their programing and to be fair most radar ships have radar as an option so for example a Minatour can equip radar or smoke so it would be difficult to set up the mm for this

Soldato
CV match making has got worse. eg if I`m in Independence T6 and get into a match with VII and sometimes VIII/IX the torp bombers have got no chance they get cut to ribbons unless I pick on the DD's yet the bombers get through often unscathed. Seriously rubbish balancing.

Soldato
Hopefully they will do that eventually ie. Mirror radar ships but I very much doubt it will ever happen.

WG seem to be lazy with their programing and to be fair most radar ships have radar as an option so for example a Minatour can equip radar or smoke so it would be difficult to set up the mm for this

Surely the game knows what consumable a ship has though in order to balance, it can't be that difficult to balance based on consumable ?

Soldato
They can't have it mirrored too accurately or it would increase waiting times for matches. The more stuff which has to match, the longer you'll need to wait.

Soldato
Surely the game knows what consumable a ship has though in order to balance, it can't be that difficult to balance based on consumable ?
This is WG lol its took them over 2 years just to mirror classes eg. Equal amounts of dd's etc. It should be done but I very much doubt it.

@Nasher
The funny thing is, I bet most players won't mind waiting for a minute or two to get better MM but WG are against any delay in starting a game.

Anyone else sick of the MM at higher tiers? played a game at tiers 8 9 & 10 last night and 5 DD's on each team every game :(
They need to cap the amount of dd's to 3.
I mainly play dd's recently lol

Soldato
Personally I quite enjoy playing radar mino and yeuyang but matching radars exactly would make them hugely ineffective and everyone would instantly know. Not to mention it would be a nightmare getting yeuyang games and basically no one runs radar on DD's.

Soldato
CV match making has got worse. eg if I`m in Independence T6 and get into a match with VII and sometimes VIII/IX the torp bombers have got no chance they get cut to ribbons unless I pick on the DD's yet the bombers get through often unscathed. Seriously rubbish balancing.

Tell me about it.....

Stock Hiryu as I bought it and first battle Tier 9 against a fully upgraded Hiryu, second battle Tier 8 against a Saipan.

So because with 1-2-2 setup and 4 planes per squadron couldn't do anything (especially those tier 6 torpedo planes die the moment a tier 7 ship sees them) decided to play couple of battles on Coop at least to open the 2-2-2 configuration.

My AI opponent was a Hiryu running 2-2-2 setup staffing around my fighter planes -_-, while I was trying with 1 fighter squadron pull the impossible!

Soldato
Tell me about it.....

Stock Hiryu as I bought it and first battle Tier 9 against a fully upgraded Hiryu, second battle Tier 8 against a Saipan.

So because with 1-2-2 setup and 4 planes per squadron couldn't do anything (especially those tier 6 torpedo planes die the moment a tier 7 ship sees them) decided to play couple of battles on Coop at least to open the 2-2-2 configuration.

My AI opponent was a Hiryu running 2-2-2 setup staffing around my fighter planes -_-, while I was trying with 1 fighter squadron pull the impossible!

That's why I save my free xp for CV upgrades, it is just far to painful trying to play them stock. Also T7 is awful for CV because of the amount of Saipans. Shokaku and Tahoi are great though so is worth the grind

Soldato
That's why I save my free xp for CV upgrades, it is just far to painful trying to play them stock. Also T7 is awful for CV because of the amount of Saipans. Shokaku and Tahoi are great though so is worth the grind

Saipan is doable in Hiryu, that's not the issue. :)
The torpedo bombers are the issue. Tier 6 planes and no upgrades

Soldato
I just had a weird match in the Ranger. Mainly T8's and yep my torp bombers were cut to shreds yet my two bombers blew up 4 ships between them ! They had 50%+ HP left too. They even saw off a squadron of fighters who tried to attack them on the way back. Need to have another match just to see if it was a fluke.

Soldato
I just had a weird match in the Ranger. Mainly T8's and yep my torp bombers were cut to shreds yet my two bombers blew up 4 ships between them ! They had 50%+ HP left too. They even saw off a squadron of fighters who tried to attack them on the way back. Need to have another match just to see if it was a fluke.

Don't waste your time grinding, due to the US CV deck options nerf Japanese CVs reign supreme (apart from Saipan) and soon with the new light cruiser US line CV's will be rendered next to useless

That AA is insane

Back
Top Bottom