Ole's sacked, who next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
By what measure has Greenwood been amazing? He has 4 goals + assists in the PL this season. That puts him something like joint 37th. What else should we measure a wide attacking player on if it isn't goals and assists?

He's had plenty of game time as well.

4 more than sancho.

Greenwood has been amazing the past couple if seasons especially for such a young lad!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Strange watching an interview like that, I have some sympathy and still like Ole, but this is long overdue.

Giving him the job in the first place was a wild gamble that has ultimately meant we've had 2-3 years treading water. The chances of Ole suddenly being able to compete with Klopp/Pep/etc were extremely remote.

The next manager planning is a bit worrying. We're banking on Pochettino leaving PSG, which admittedly seems possible at the end of the season or perhaps sooner (PSG fans haven't taken to him at all). However, it's still fairly early in the season to appoint a caretaker and plod along?

If we paid serious money, could we get Ten Hag out of Ajax? It must be possible.

I think the press are having a bit of a scattergun approach when it comes to targets, I doubt the board have even drawn up a plan yet. Interesting times ahead.

Soldato
Of course you can get Ten Hag from Ajax, but I guarantee you that won't be the main factor for him. It will be the structure at the club, and honestly unless that changes he won't want much to do with the way United are set up at the moment.

The whole set up at United needs to change.

Soldato
People keep talking about structure but that HAS changed with the appointment of Fletcher, as technical director (Laughter in background)

also Woodward will be leaving in the summer

Let’s not forget the fans shares scheme that is also been introduced ..

there’s definitely some positives it’s not all doom and gloom.

Soldato
People keep talking about structure but that HAS changed with the appointment of Fletcher, as technical director (Laughter in background)

also Woodward will be leaving in the summer

Woodward is back in some respect isn't he, and that Fletcher change is laughable. What has he done before this role?

Soldato
You asked what he has done before this role, I asked how that was relevant.

It's relevant because a technical director has responsibilities that include recruitment of players/staff overseeing of academy and player contracts etc. a lot of responsibility for someone with no experience in the role(again). If his role is purely from a football perspective then that's a lot different and I can understand that.

Caporegime
It's relevant because a technical director has responsibilities that include recruitment of players/staff overseeing of academy and player contracts etc. a lot of responsibility for someone with no experience in the role(again).

You're absolutely right. Let's look at a really well run club like Bayern Munich. They must have a director that has been to director school, qualified from director university and been director at at least 80 different clubs preparing for this role.

Oh wait, it's former player Hasan Salihamadzic who had no prior experience.

Also I love that you think you know what Fletcher is responsible for, where are you getting that from?

Soldato
Strange watching an interview like that, I have some sympathy and still like Ole, but this is long overdue.

Giving him the job in the first place was a wild gamble that has ultimately meant we've had 2-3 years treading water. The chances of Ole suddenly being able to compete with Klopp/Pep/etc were extremely remote.

The next manager planning is a bit worrying. We're banking on Pochettino leaving PSG, which admittedly seems possible at the end of the season or perhaps sooner (PSG fans haven't taken to him at all). However, it's still fairly early in the season to appoint a caretaker and plod along?

If we paid serious money, could we get Ten Hag out of Ajax? It must be possible.

I think the press are having a bit of a scattergun approach when it comes to targets, I doubt the board have even drawn up a plan yet. Interesting times ahead.
Someone mentioned Rooney, which is laughable.

Soldato
Pochettino does seem possible, but that would be summer. He won't walk away with a 15 point lead at the top of the league and a good shout at the CL.

Woodward is back in some respect isn't he, and that Fletcher change is laughable. What has he done before this role?

but what have overmars or Van Dar Sar done before the Ajax roles? everyone raves about them

Soldato
4 more than sancho.

Greenwood has been amazing the past couple if seasons especially for such a young lad!

I've not been impressed with Sancho so far but he's not exactly had time to embed into the team considering this is his first season and he's averaged 48 minutes a game and only started 4 compared to Greenwood's 10 games.

He hasn't been amazing. He has shown he's a capable finisher but he isn't adding enough to the team in regards to assists or goals, and certainly doesn't offer much when we don't have the ball.

He has typically been playing in a 4-2-3-1, in that system he needs to be assisting the centre forward more but he doesn't. He keeps cutting in and having pop shots on goals hence his low conversion rate. He had a decent start to the season, scoring a few goals in August but didn't score again until Leicester in October.

Unless a new manager comes in and plays him in a system where he isn't as wide as he is now, he'll be the next Lingard.

Soldato
your main two strikers are 34 and 36

they arent signings to win the league are they come on

they are to keep fans happy and flog shirts
What are you on about? We’ve clearly been working on younger strikers e.g. Haaland. Cavani was always a stop gap (a great one) and Ronaldo is…Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom