Ole's sacked, who next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Woodward is a lame duck, whoever comes in if they have any sense will make it a condition of acceptance that he's gone immediately.

Why? It would make zero difference. If he goes The Glazers will just appoint another one who is exactly the same except with a different name. Glazers are the problem, Woodward is just doing what they want.

Soldato
Why? It would make zero difference. If he goes The Glazers will just appoint another one who is exactly the same except with a different name. Glazers are the problem, Woodward is just doing what they want.

Not necessarily and if it's a proper manager, not just Brendan Rogers or similar he will actually get some say in the matter.

Soldato
It absolutely will be. Why would things be any different? You think another manager is going to what, stage a coup?
No, no coup needed, Ole was a yes man because he knew no-one else would give him a managers job if he left, if it's a proper World Class manager more demands can be placed on the Glazers and stuff can actually be changed, that's what good managers do.

Caporegime
No, no coup needed, Ole was a yes man because he knew no-one else would give him a managers job if he left, if it's a proper World Class manager more demands can be placed on the Glazers and stuff can actually be changed, that's what good managers do.

You weren't around for Mourinho were you. Also amusingly Ole changed more at the club than any other manager since Fergie.

Caporegime
Mourinho was far below world class manager status when he managed United, so you're saying Ole did a good job?

At some things of course. If he was just a 'yes man' then we wouldn't have made so many changes to the structure of the club. This suggesting that a world class manager would just walk in and fix everything is pure fantasy.

Caporegime
Lots of journalists saying Poch in the summer. I always thought he was the board's favourite. So now we have an interim for this season, my money is on Blanc. Outside bet on Favre.

Man of Honour
Lots of journalists saying Poch in the summer. I always thought he was the board's favourite. So now we have an interim for this season, my money is on Blanc. Outside bet on Favre.

Seems to be the case, he doesn’t seem to be happy at PSG and the fans aren’t keen either.

I don’t think it’ll be Blanc. He’s been away from the top level for a long time and has said a few controversial things in the past, complaining about black players and some misogynistic stuff too.

Man of Honour
This is going to be very interesting either way as there’s no obvious choice going forward (for the next few months), interim or otherwise!

Soldato
Carrick to go on a winning run and get the full time job ?

in seriousness him and the rest of the coaches will need to go too when the next manager comes in

as someone said times have changed, best you can do is find someone that will get results with style and philosophy

that leaves just 2 or 3 names that have been mentioned, probably to be recruited in the summer

in the meantime I hope VDB and Sancho get some more game time, it's been criminal benching the former especially. Maguire needs benching on return. Never understood why Tuanzebe never got a game either. Now he's on loan at Aston villa again. Some baffling decisions made for sure but onwards and upwards I hope

Last edited:
Caporegime
It will be interesting to see what changes Carrick and Fletcher make in the short term. You've got to think VdB starts after his performance off the bench on Saturday.

You would think when we will appoint a permanent replacement they'll bring their own staff.

Tuanzebe was in an awkward position where he wasn't good enough to play regularly but needed football to progress. It's just really hard to break into a big team. He would honestly benefit from just moving on with a buyback clause if he'd be interested in it.

Soldato
Man of Honour
There is a degree of logic to us getting Poch now and PSG replacing him with Zidane. Sort of a win-win.

Whether it’ll happen is another matter entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom