Olympic Track Cycling

It removes the standing start from the sprint. Its a sprint thats more similar to those at the end of road racing or during points races, rather than the sprints taken from standing starts like the team and individual sprints.

It removes the standing start from the sprint. Its a sprint thats more similar to those at the end of road racing or during points races, rather than the sprints taken from standing starts like the team and individual sprints.
If it was just that why have 4.5 laps of the electirc bike? Its just a silly event, that could be made better to represent your idea.

Its no surprise its big in Japan...

ps3ud0 :cool:

I guess so. I wonder if they ever considered a similar pacer race for track athletic runs.

If it was just that why have 4.5 laps of the electirc bike? Its just a silly event, that could be made better to represent your idea.

Its no surprise its big in Japan...

How else would you get all the riders up to 30+ mph without giving an advantage to any of them? If you did it quickly then some may be left behind.

Its a slow gradual climb to effectively nullify it so that everyone is even when the pace bike pulls off.

Dont think of it as an 8 lap race, think of it as a 2 lap race with a rolling start.

They could easily get up to that speed within a couple of laps at the level of fitness these riders possess. It could be quietly argued that 4.5laps isnt enough to minimise the effort getting up to pace if you really want to spilt hairs...

As I said its quite an artificial race, where in the past its who you could push off course most would determine the winner. Its only exciting because that generally leads to crashes

They could easily get up to that speed within a couple of laps at the level of fitness these riders possess. It could be quietly argued that 4.5laps isnt enough to minimise the effort getting up to pace if you really want to spilt hairs...

As I said its quite an artificial race, where in the past its who you could push off course most would determine the winner. Its only exciting because that generally leads to crashes

At Olympic level, yes, they probably could do it in fewer laps. But the event is also run at much lower levels of cycling. The idea is to get everyone up to speed with the minimal energy possible.

But does it really matter if its 2 laps or 6? The race is all in the final 2 laps anyway.

Back
Top Bottom