Origin in genuine consumer positive over Steam

Soldato
Some people will never be impressed it seems.

By empty promises? Some of us aren't that gullible.

Just what are the limitations and restrictions on this? Steam have been known to offer refunds on games that were so utterly broken they were unplayable. But requesting a refund because you didn't like the game or didn't bother to research it beforehand? They'd tell you to jog on.
I honestly can't see EA actually doing this any other way. They are a business and one known for squeezing every last penny they can from gamers.

It is also conveniently restricted to 24 hours after launching the game. That might be great for a SP game but some games don't become apparent that they are very poor until playing it for a few days, such as Brink that had potential but clearly didn't make any use of it and you simply couldn't really make that call after a few hours at the start.

Soldato
By empty promises? Some of us aren't that gullible.

Just what are the limitations and restrictions on this? Steam have been known to offer refunds on games that were so utterly broken they were unplayable. But requesting a refund because you didn't like the game or didn't bother to research it beforehand? They'd tell you to jog on.
I honestly can't see EA actually doing this any other way. They are a business and one known for squeezing every last penny they can from gamers.

It is also conveniently restricted to 24 hours after launching the game. That might be great for a SP game but some games don't become apparent that they are very poor until playing it for a few days, such as Brink that had potential but clearly didn't make any use of it and you simply couldn't really make that call after a few hours at the start.

+1

It is like people see this story and in their eyes EA is suddenly reformed. Have they forgotten that EA is renowned for crippling what used to be successful franchises? SimCity with 'cities' the size of small districts? Dead Space 3 with in game purchases? :rolleyes:

Blazin

Soldato
can someone quote the article, can't read it from work?

Introducing The Origin Great Game Guarantee

We know that feeling: the one where you sit down, wait for a new game to finish downloading and installing, start it for the first time, and want it to rock. The intro sucks you in, you press a button to shoot, jump, or talk for the first time, and then it's suddenly three a.m. We know that feeling, and the one afterwards of knowing that not only does a game rock, but that it was worth every dollar you spent on it.

We hope every game you play on Origin will meet this high bar, and we're happy to say that starting today, we can guarantee that we'll make things right if you decide the game you just bought didn’t live up to your expectations.

The new Origin Great Game Guarantee works like this: You may return EA full game downloads (PC or Mac) purchased on Origin for a full refund--within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from when you purchased it, or within the first seven days after the game's release date if you pre-ordered it (whichever of these conditions happens first).

If something doesn't work out—you aren’t riveted by the storyline, or sucked in by the action, or even just if the game doesn't play well with your video card—we’ve got your back.

Requesting a refund is quick and easy. Just visit your order history and click the “request a refund” link next to your recent purchase, answer a few quick questions, and we’ll take it from there.

For more details, you can check out the full Origin Great Game Guarantee policy details posted on Origin.com. The Origin Great Game Guarantee is effective as of today in 20 countries. Like the improved Origin Store, we are rolling out the program worldwide over the next few weeks, and everyone will be covered by the Origin Great Game Guarantee by the end of September.

Blazin

Caporegime
Shame it's only for ones bought on Origin and doesn't cover adding a key from elsewhere. I have about 15 games on there and only one was bought in their store.

so you expect to buy a cheap cdkey
use it on origin
get full price refund

think about it

Oops, completely missed that. :)

Hope it was sarcasm anyway.
EA haters gotta bash and hate I guess...

if steam did this first you guys would have totally different opinions

Last edited:
Associate
I can see them back wheeling on this. I sometimes play games for the storyline and not the multi player, and completely finish the game within 6 hours, let alone 24! Must be a catch somewhere.... or in other words...

Soldato
A welcome move from the folks at E.A, wonder if I could still theoretically get refunds for the games I purchase on my daily world travels to India etc etc :p

Soldato

False. Steam wouldn't do this because it will either be easy to exploit, or have conditions that are too hard to meet to make it worthwhile.

Is there such a thing as an EA fan boy? I didn't think anyone would do that to themselves..

Blazin

Soldato
or even just if the game doesn't play well with your video card—we’ve got your back.

Finally! No game should run poorly on a 670 or above, and if it does it doesn't deserve the money. That being said though, I did get a full refund for Gothic 3 recently after a 12 month battle with Valve. :p

Sadly though, the staff member said it was a 'one off gesture' which is pretty garbage when I've spent what, £1,000> on Steam and when the occasional game runs **** poor and is unplayable, I want a simple refund? Joke.

Caporegime
False. Steam wouldn't do this because it will either be easy to exploit, or have conditions that are too hard to meet to make it worthwhile.

Is there such a thing as an EA fan boy? I didn't think anyone would do that to themselves..

Blazin

Because I have an unbiased opinion unlike you that makes me a fanboy? do you ever see me hating on steam all the time?

Soldato
EA haters gotta bash and hate I guess...

Well that's a relief, at least I'm not doing a Sheldon Cooper and not recognising sarcasm. In that case my original question stands.

Soldato
Because I have an unbiased opinion unlike you that makes me a fanboy? do you ever see me hating on steam all the time?

I'm not sure if you've been on the internet before, but when someone starts referring to haters or bashers of a certain subject matter, that person therein becomes a fan boy of said subject matter.

E.g.

Person 1: XBONE suks it is teh awful console
Person 2: All u xbox haters can go die, microsoft are best
Person 1: Hi fan boy

:)

Well that's a relief, at least I'm not doing a Sheldon Cooper and not recognising sarcasm. In that case my original question stands.

Haha that's 1 for 1! :p

Blazin

Back
Top Bottom