Palworld: Pokémon with guns

Soldato
oh well , play it while you can

I imagine now Nintendo have woken up it wont be long before its gone. See Great Gianna Sisters.

Doubt it. Nintendo is within rights to harass modders lifting exact copies of their characters. It's petty but it's Nintendo. Getting scared off without a single legal claim would be very unusual for a game that's sold millions.

Associate
Yeah I don't see it going anywhere, it seems to me that it's much more Ark than Pokémon and even then distinct enough. At the very most a few design tweaks to some of the pals and some menus maybe? (the pal sorting menu does look very Legends Arceus to me, but IANAL to know if there's a problem with that).

Taking my armchair lawyer hat off, I'm very interested in this game but fear it might be too cumbersome to run on my lowly RX480. Bought and tried last night and immediately black screened on 100% fan needing a hard reboot.

Updated drivers as it turns out I was on some very old ones, same again. May have to hunt for a few command options that'll launch in potato mode to see if I can even get into the game.

Last edited:
Soldato
I played a couple of hours tonight, and will probably do another hour later before bed.

I'm sure many have had the same problem, but I built my base in the starting area... Wish I'd not done this. :D

Soldato
What's the downside to this? Can't another base just be built elsewhere?

It can be but not until your base have reached a certain level. Although you can always destroy the palbox and build a new one elsewhere. The buildings left will slowly decay until gone or you tear them down after you found your new location and can teleport there with the material.

Associate
I'm very interested in this game but fear it might be too cumbersome to run on my lowly RX480. Bought and tried last night and immediately black screened on 100% fan needing a hard reboot.

Updated drivers as it turns out I was on some very old ones, same again. May have to hunt for a few command options that'll launch in potato mode to see if I can even get into the game.
Seems odd as the minimum spec for the game is a GTX 1050, RX480 is around twice as fast and supports all the same DX/Shader Model levels etc :confused:

Associate
Seems odd as the minimum spec for the game is a GTX 1050, RX480 is around twice as fast and supports all the same DX/Shader Model levels etc :confused:
Yeah I know my hardware is getting long in the tooth but wasn't expecting that I couldn't even launch it. I suspect there's some other issue and a quick Google suggests I'm not alone with black screens. One tip I've seen is to try running as administrator, will give that a go later.

Soldato
pretty fun game but following some of the drama has been almost just as fun

i watched this and to be honest just based on that video it puts me off, and doenst give me much hope for the longjevity of the game.

regarding "art work" though, as its not a final game and still in early access all the really need to do is state the artwork is place holder for the release and final art work, which is subject to change.

@petridish
ive a 1650 so im hoping it plays ok, i'll know tomorrow when i have time to play it. the rx480 could just be the normall amd driver issue.
the stats i see suggest the 480(8gb) is better performance than my 1650(4gb).
you might try running in window mode i've see that as a work around on older titles.

Associate
ive a 1650 so im hoping it plays ok, i'll know tomorrow when i have time to play it. the rx480 could just be the normall amd driver issue.
the stats i see suggest the 480(8gb) is better performance than my 1650(4gb).
you might try running in window mode i've see that as a work around on older titles.
So I had a 15 minute test earlier and can confirm that running as administrator worked for me. Once in I dropped everything down to minimum and had a quick go to confirm it actually worked.

Even on minimum settings I wasn't getting great performance though so may need to tweak things or run windowed in future, that or make do and hope for optimisations in the short term and a new PC longer term. No idea if it was a GPU or CPU limitation at this stage and won't get a chance to test again for a week or two.

What I will say is certainly too early to really get to know the game but can see it being something I enjoy. Been keen for a survival crafting type game for a while now and combining it with a collect 'em all suits me absolutely fine.

Soldato
so far so good with my 1650LP and streaming the game over remote play. a few stutters but its very playable, i put the stutter down to me using wifi at the moment.
this is the pokemon game fans have wonted for so long.
i never played ark due to system specs but this isnty a pokemon game so far. its

one minor issue i have is when looking at the map and using controller to move around its not great getting drift / continues to move even after i release the stick.

did anyone explore the beach were you woke up?

Soldato
oh well , play it while you can

I imagine now Nintendo have woken up it wont be long before its gone. See Great Gianna Sisters.
They have a dedicated law team who have had 3 years to make sure Palworld isn't breaching their copyright, the fact it took them just 8 hours for them to take down the Pokemon mod from a random youtube for the game that wasn't even released, tells you all you need to know

Soldato
so hrs in and i can say ive enjoyed so far. i can see a lot of potential and its running smooth for the most part. my only grip is i keep pressing my palball button to attack and loosing the aiming redical.
1 movie ticket down. 3 more to go.

its the pokemon game we've wonted but never got. so far thats how i see it. but im only lvl 7 and still in beginner island area.

Last edited:
Soldato
Played a couple of hours of this through the day. I can kinda see the draw to it. Dosnt seem very game changing or special though. Not sure where the big fuss is coming from, other than some blatant "inspiration"...

Soldato
OP
hQosEIS.png

I'm sorry, but what the actual
1US5YG0.png
!!!

Soldato
Played a couple of hours of this through the day. I can kinda see the draw to it. Dosnt seem very game changing or special though. Not sure where the big fuss is coming from, other than some blatant "inspiration"...
mm i think the low system requirements and the "cute" pals will bring in a lot of new players to the genre that may well not have played this before.
Take Ark as example Dino's arent everyones cuppa tea. but the Pals are colourfull varied and there depth to them or seem to be. same game type but differant style and differant appeal if that makes sence.

if it can maintain its family freindly side it could do well on new player count of all ages as introductionary.

i'd like better customisation on character creation, and some of the options have odd effcts. havent seen much on mod support so far but i see its on the future road map.

Back
Top Bottom