Paris attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely think that there are two camps.

Camp 1 can clearly understand how terrorists have a warped mind of Islam and don't associate it with all muslims etc etc.

Camp 2 just think all muslims are terrorists and only muslims mass kill people for the lulz.

Sadly this is purely down to education.

Sounds like it's going to be a bad one, Mumbai attacks in 2008 demonstrated that a small independent cell is capable of doing a lot of damage in a relatively simple to plan attack with minimal resources. Can easily be planned in any heavily populated area with a lot of foot traffic and by the time the emergency services respond, even if minutes there will be significant casualties.

This is something that's been demonstrated in a number of lone shooter incidents in US and even here recently with Cumbria shootings which left 13 dead. Now bear in mind in the latter the perpetrator wasn't even shooting indiscriminately and killed himself so death count could have been much higher.

Unfortunately this also has a high chance of being an ISIS related/motivated attack with some early reports confirming this. With how long the conflict in places like Syria has been allowed to go on, there is now unfortunately a very big supply of well trained and experienced fighters who wish Europe and US harm. Small cell comprised of such men operating independently is capable of doing a lot of damage and difficult for security services to detect.

Thoughts are with France tonight but unfortunately this looks far from over with a hostage situation already developing.

I dread to think what would have happened if they hit the stadium as the crowd poured out onto the streets, 70k people. They even attacked the stadium, I do wonder if they screwed up the time and actually meant to hit the crowd. I absolutely dread to think what could have happened had they done so.

Not all Muslims are terrorists but most terrorists are Muslim..

Not in America!
Non-Muslims Carried Out More than 90% of All Terrorist Attacks in America
/FBI http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-mu...0-of-all-terrorist-attacks-in-america/5333619

The whole ''we need to be tough on Islam'' logic is utterly flawed, France have been just that and all it does is tip the handful of nut jobs over the edge!!
THIS IS NO EXCUSE FOR MURDER, had to say the obvious as some people here only seem to see life in black & white!!

If that logic was true Sweden would have shed loads of attacks as they have actively invited radical Muslims to speak and have been very liberal towards Islam and Muslims in recent years!!

I used to side a lot more with the Muslim apologists but my views really are changing. Modern western life contains many aspects that Muslims see as sinful or wrong, the majority tolerate these things but it's obvious that for some they feel they must fight against it.

The media and society need to have the difficult debate about this stuff but you can guarantee in a weeks time it will be business as usual and nobody will actually try and tackle this whole situation.

It's a shame people are making the typical unfair remarks about Islam. Please do show your disgust at the terrorists but I think it is not right to typecast it as only a Muslim thing. It's a terrorist thing.

Quotes like this is why I keep getting banned.

Its a very dangerous religion to follow and has many interpretations.

As far as I am concerned Muslims are building a ****ing big wall for themselves.

If they so nice why don't they sort there own extremists out to teach them the peace full way. :confused:

On topic

RIP to all those people of peace, and hope the hostages get out safe.

****ing tragic all in the name of a sky fairy. Bloody ridiculous! :mad:

RIP to all those killed :(

Sorry but I dont get how are they getting the semi automatic guns into France i know they get smuggled in but surely they have to go through somewhere that not being checked properly?
I feared an attack like this would come at some stage i was expecting them to hit Paris tourist spots :(

No one checked the gimmy-grents when they just walked in to the EU :)

I genuinely think that there are two camps.

Camp 1 can clearly understand how terrorists have a warped mind of Islam and don't associate it with all muslims etc etc.

Camp 2 just think all muslims are terrorists and only muslims mass kill people for the lulz.

Sadly this is purely down to education.

Unfortunately it seems a lot of people fall into camp 2 :/

It's a shame people are making the typical unfair remarks about Islam. Please do show your disgust at the terrorists but I think it is not right to typecast it as only a Muslim thing. It's a terrorist thing.

You're right. They could be Mormon or Christian. Come on guys let's wait for the facts before we go crazy.

I see this thread is now going to turn into another OCUK Quran bashing thread with 50 pages of ****e talk.

Can it be kept to updates?

Yup just censor it so the only voice that will come out after the murder of 60+ people is the voice of the left wingers and Clerics who will deny Islam is anything but peaceful and the attackers isolated mad men.

All the while supporting fundraising in thier Mosques and inviting them in with unlimited quotas. If you want lies and censored updates go visit the BBC.

Last edited:
Sorry but no. It is related to extremists who may call themselves Muslims. But it's nothing more than radicalised version. It is not Islam.

It is not a radical form of Islam at all, that is the myth. Look at the research done by Pew for example and it's absolutely clear that most Muslims outside of Europe want to live under Sharia law.

Furthermore, many of those living in Europe also want to live under Sharia. They are not some small fringe, but a large percentage of the Islamic population. In fact, to put it in context: Proportionally there are more "extremists" amongst the British Muslim population than there are unemployed persons amongst working age Britons.

So all this is simply a problem of interpretation then?

You have to see how to western cultures and standards of law and society this falls on deaf ears and why arguments of "you need to understand" or "you need to own your actions and start by accepting it's all your fault" now fall on deaf ears surely? I'm not dismissing your points, I am just asking you the question, do you not understand why many of the people in Europe, America, Australia have no interest in listening to the other side any more, weather they be muslims or not, people have lost interest in the other side? That's the real problem here, a minority is losing it's chips in the game and in Europe that tends to end very horribly.

Interpretation which is based on current affairs. I've said this numerous times that Muslims, and Islam as a political entity, are just as likely to be led by political motivations than non-Muslims. Example - the Quran and the Prophet say that Muslims are one nation, the Ummah, yet we know Muslims have had numerous wars between themselves - first as civil wars, then wars of conquest between Muslim nations.

I think people who blame the religion for the acts of terrorists do so without looking at the other causes, which are often overlooked because it's easier to be dumb and put the blame elsewhere. I take the same approach with men who blame women for being raped because of the clothes they were, where in actual fact the act of rape is usually related to far more complex reasons than a women wearing a short skirt.

I fully understand why people in Europe take the stance they do, but to me it's particularly frustrating because I'm in 'both worlds' - I know it's not the Quran, and I know that Europeans aren't the enemy of Muslims, but getting people to see beyond the surface issues isn't easy.

Yup just censor it so the only voice that will come out after the murder of 60+ people is the voice of the left wingers and Clerics who will deny Islam is anything but peaceful and the attackers isolated mad men.

All the while supporting fundraising in thier Mosques and inviting them in with unlimited quotas. /sickbags

Are you saying I am trying to censor it?

I would rather read about what is currently happening rather than ready 20 pages of ****e talk about the Quran etc etc as I really don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom